The house next door is up for sale....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by BarkerChickens, Jan 7, 2010.

1. BarkerChickens

BarkerChickens Microbrewing Chickenologist

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    The house was foreclosed on last spring or so. The bank waited until a few days ago to put it up for sell...I am sure for a 2009 tax write-off. Anyway, we are glad the previous neighbors are gone. They wife was really nice and they know my best friends family. BUT, the father was bossy..."I don't care if you're allowed roosters. I'm a cop and sleep in the mornings and I won't know how my dog ever got into the yard and ate the rooster." [​IMG] We always kept peace though...no issues (got roos as they were leaving!! [​IMG] ). But, the biggest pet peeve, was the kids! We'd catch them throwing rocks at our dogs and one of our dogs had pellets under her skin! The pellets were in positions that she had to either be laying down or turned away from them (very bottom of her sternum and the back of leg, for example). [​IMG] Of course, the parents denied it. Anyway...they are gone...and have been gone for a while (he was let go from the police department, so money unfortunately became tight for them).

So, anyway...the house is up for sale now. I am crossing my fingers that between our 2 roosters and the rooster that belongs to the neighbor on the other side, that one of the roos will be crowing when the prospective buyers come by. That...or, when they look out the bedroom windows, they see the coop and chickens and get the idea! [​IMG] None of our neighbors mind the chickens (at least no one complains when we drop off eggs [​IMG] ). We are allowed chickens...just we are a little over the limit (we doubt the city's gonna come count).

Maybe the new neighbor will like the idea and get their own chickens!! That's what the other neighbor did!! [​IMG]

Cross your fingers for us that we'll get chicken-friendly neighbors!!! [​IMG]

2. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    Maybe you should describe the house a little more and you may end up with a BYC neighbor. [​IMG]

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [​IMG] crossing my fingers for ya! [​IMG]

4. TipsyDog

TipsyDog Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2009
    Aregua, Paraguay
    How about buying the place yourself and renting it out? A foreclosure could be a good investment property.

5. barred-rocks-rock

barred-rocks-rock Can't stick with a Title

Jul 5, 2009
    good luck

6. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    Put up a chicken crossing sign on the back gate.

7. BarkerChickens

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    Quote:I thought about it! Very seriously! But, money is too tight for us right now. If they'd wait 6 more mos, maybe, but now there is no way.

8. BarkerChickens

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    Quote:Built in '91 or '92, 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath on 0.41 acre in nice neighborhood. Chickens are allowed including a rooster!! Nice neighbors too! [​IMG] The house is 2 stories with a 2-car attached garage and RV access. Listed on Realtor.com for $121,800!!

edited to add: I would LOVE a BYC neighbor!!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  9. tiki_chickens

tiki_chickens Out Of The Brooder

Dec 30, 2009
    Anaheim, CA
    That house sounds like a steal for California! Maybe just get a few more roosters so NO ONE for the next six months wants to buy it! [​IMG]

10. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    [​IMG]
    Here's hoping the best for you. I feel your pain. I have poopy neighbors.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by