The Japanese/Cochin :)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Louieandthecrew, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Louieandthecrew

Louieandthecrew I am actually a female!

This is Cori Rosavelt [​IMG] He is very sweet and a little shy but he really is beautiful! Hope you like him!!!
    I took these pictures last week. He is now about four or five months old.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And here are some older pictures of him
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And as a chick!
    [​IMG]

Here are his parrents just so you can tell how he got his looks [​IMG]
    This is his mother (The black Cochin hen... NOT the Leghorn [​IMG])
    [​IMG]
    And this is his father (Pretty white Japanese [​IMG])
    [​IMG]

The End! [​IMG]

2. willkatdawson

willkatdawson Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Ga
    I think he's lovely! [​IMG]

Where in Ga are you? I'm in Acworth about 45 north of Atlanta. It's so nice to see a fellow Georgian on BYC!

3. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    X2
    Gorgeous Boy! ( SP? )

4. Louieandthecrew

Haha! I'm just way out here in the country! [​IMG] It is practically the middle of no where but it is near Conyers and Covington GA [​IMG] Yep [​IMG]

5. Louieandthecrew

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

X2
    Gorgeous Boy! ( SP? )

Looks right to me [​IMG] And thank you! I think it is so neat that I got such a strange breed mixture [​IMG] We actually sold the Japanese (his dad) the week after Cori Rose's mama had all of her eggs under her [​IMG] His motehr was killed by a black chicken snake nine days before they were due to hatch. We didn't know that ANY chicks had hatched and when we went to get the mama's dead body from the coop the day after the snake got in we found Cori Rose and one other chick that she hatched but wasn't from her egg. Those were the only ones left (the snake had eaten the rest IN the eggs still) but thankfully they are still both living! The other one is my Red Cochin/Red Sex Link and she is filling out VERY well. I love the both of them!....... We are actually thinking about selling this little guy soon because we already have three other roos with only three the hens [​IMG] So I think we would need to get him picked up if ya want him [​IMG] But I'll have to talk to some people about it before I post to the world that we really are selling him [​IMG]

6. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Ugh - Stupid Snake! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    How many roosters do you have ... don't even ask how many I have ... [​IMG]

7. Louieandthecrew

haha! I have four in all (with three hens [​IMG]) And they are all BEAUTIFUL fellows! I am also planning on selling my Easter Egger/Delaware roo. He is a sight to see! [​IMG] I also have a Red Cochin and a Welsummer rooster. They are both very sweeet. The Wellie is the same age as my EE/Delaware but I'm keepin' my Wellie. Louie, the Red Cochin (hence my name : Louieandthecrew [​IMG]... I got it from him and his crew [​IMG]) is the oldest. He is the only living one from my FIRST clutch of chicks EVER and he is only a year and a half old. [​IMG] I know, not very long of having chickens for me [​IMG] [​IMG] Anyways... yup [​IMG] I can talk A LOT if I set my mind to it [​IMG]

8. Louieandthecrew

Actually, my picture is Louie, the Red Cochin roo [​IMG]

9. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    We need pictures! [​IMG]

10. Louieandthecrew

Okay! But only NE pic per roo [​IMG]
    This is Louie
    [​IMG]
    This is Zaxbys (EE/Delaware cross)
    [​IMG]
    Okay two pictures for him [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And this is Maple Syrup (My Wellie roo [​IMG])
    [​IMG]
    And he also needs two pictures [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The End!!! lol Those are the other three roos! [​IMG]
    Oh and here they are ALL together [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The End again! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by