The Journal of The Quackers

Correction; Sherlock and Alton are not black they're chocolate
And beautiful! Especially Sherlock!
big_smile.png

6/18/2016
Lot's of things going on for The Quackers. We're excepting the first egg any day now. You can vote who you think will lay the first one; https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1112148/who-will-lay-the-first-egg#post_17172863
The Boys all have there Drake feathers, Alton and Miel's are all curly and BEAUTIFUL, and though Sherlock's have taken longer he has a little bit starting. Here's a picture of Miel's. He's SO beautiful!

I wish I could get a picture of his wings in the sun for you guys. They're blue, green, purple, and positively pretty! But, it's hard to hold a duck correctly, open his wing, and take a picture all at the same time.
hmm.png

I let the ducks roam in our weed garden ( which the goats are working on ). There are SO many grasshoppers in it. I led them over there and got them to stay put and they loved it! They were eating like crazy, and really enjoying themselves. Here's a picture;

But I had to bring them back to get and drink, when they got there they were drinking swimming and sitting in the shade. I really love my ducks.
They don't really do anything AMAZING, they do normal ducky things. But their simple & sweet ways really make me smile, and I love them just the way they are. Even if they never do anything Amazing, I'll be happy if they just keep swimming, quacking, and being ducks. I'll be happy just to have them, enjoy the breakfast they give me (soon), enjoy hatching/ raising (some of ) their ducklings (someday), and just enjoy them. Hope you like them too!

-The Duck Ladie
(Lady)

Last edited:
Sherlock
It would seem, from what I have observed, that Sherlock Is the head of the pecking order in my flock. I'm very proud of him even though he had Niacin Deficiency, and was the pretty much the lowest duck in the flock, he took his medicine and steadily got better and higher in the flock, till he did whatever he pleased. I mean WHATEVER he pleases! When he had his Deficiency someone I know said "I wonder if he'll be able to mate." I now KNOW he WILL be able to mate. Definetely! He's gone after Shirley ( today and before ) and after a Khaki Campbell, and now he's chasing Cheri, my magpie girl, around. Cheri dosen't seem to want to be with him. Miel can't do anything about it, but spends time with her as much as he can. Whenever everyone else is in the pool, He and Cheri will always be on the ground together. Like yesterday everyone was in the pool, and Cheri was laying down in the little path around the pool (the pool's in a corner and a little path where it's facing the corner.) and Miel was guarding the an entrance to the path, all tall and protective. I find it somewhat interesting that Sherlock's in charge instead of Alton. Alton is bigger than him, but I guess doesn't really care about if he's first to the pool. Well, good job, Sherlock! I'm proud of you for getting over Deficiency like you did!

-The Duck Ladie

Last edited:
thumbsup.gif
to Sherlock! I didn't know he had a niacin deficiency, but that's great that he has recovered so well! Tell him he's awesome for me!
(Tell the others they're awesome, too, and gorgeous.)

Last edited:
Alton steps up

In my last post I said I'm somewhat surprise that Alton in charge because he's bigger, but I guess he dosen't care whether or not he's first in the pool, well I guess he somewhat does. As I've told you, Sherlock Is in charge of The Quackers, (and is doing a good job so far)
Up till now only Sherlock has "gotten together" with my girl ducks (If you know what I mean)
Alton and Miel have pretty much sat and watched, though Miel hangs around Cheri as much as he can without anyone else being around, but he hasn't dared to "get together" with her. Sherlock, as I've told you, has "gotten together" with Cheri and a Khaki Campbell girl, but has "gotten together" with Shirley a lot more than any other duck hen. But lately I was outside and saw Alton "get together" with Shirley and I was somewhat surprised. Sherlock wasn't all that Happy about it, and got on top of Alton (Poor Shirley). Well Shirley soon got out from under the "Pile" and RAN away. I'm not sure if Sherlock had a talk to Alton about how he was in charge or not, but if he did, Alton didn't listen.
For the within a few days he "got together" with Shirley again. Sherlock again got on top of Alton and again Shirley got out from under the "Duck Pile" and RAN away. He hasn't done it again yet, but he might, or maybe Sherlock gave him a SERIOUS talk about who's boss, and he might not try it again. Either way, Alton plucked up some courage and stepped up.
Will see what happens now. Bye!

-The Duck Lady

(Still no eggs! Hoping to get them SOON! Oh, yes please enter the contests in my signature. They'll be over soon! I'd really appreciate it!!!)

Last edited:
Oooh it doesn't sound like Sherlock is happy about this! Poor Shirley!

Btw, you are a really good writer! I can't wait to hear the next update!

Oooh it doesn't sound like Sherlock is happy about this! Poor Shirley!

Btw, you are a really good writer! I can't wait to hear the next update!
Yeah, Sherlock DEFINETLY Is NOT happy about it.

Yeah, Shirley isn't to happy that she is the most like hen among the drakes, I think she wishes she were Daffi who hasn't been given a glance by the drakes. (which I'm not surprised about)

Thanks! I try to be!

Back
Top Bottom