1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

The K-12 Chickens Diary!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by K-12 Chickens, Feb 24, 2012.

1. K-12 Chickens

K-12 Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2010
    Michigan
    I've decided to make a diary about the antics of my 7 chickens:
    Grasshopper: Buff Orpington hen, The Queen of the Coop
    Goldie: Buff Orpington hen, Grasshopper's secretary
    Velvet: ISA Brown hen, fiesty
    Red: ISA Brown hen, loves bread!
    Buck Buck Betty(Betty for short): Silver-Laced Wyandotte hen, named for her "beep-bop-boop" sounds.
    Jenny: Silver-Laced Wyandotte hen, loves to make her fellow hens have bare butts!
    Blackie: Black Star, spunky and doesn't take no for an answer.

There may or may not be entries everyday, but I'll do my best! [​IMG]

Date: 2/24/12
    Last night a layer of snow(about six inches)fell last night. I was mildly pleased(I was kinda hoping there wasn't going to be anymore!) by the beauty of the snow, but the girls weren't at all! After discovering they couldn't go on with their daily routine, they started to throw a fit by bawking as loud as they possibly can(Goldie is the real loudmouth)! Jenny really didn't care at the moment, for she was on the nest. But after a while I went out and fed them some bread and that seemed to take their minds off their disappointment.
    As you can see I built a straw "straw house" for them. They enjoy hopping up on it and scratching around, although the snow was just SO upsetting the straw house didn't do any good 'till I came out to them.
    Grasshopper enjoying herself in her "straw castle" she calls it. "I'm the Queen! Of course I need a castle!"
    [​IMG]
    "There's too many subjects in my castle!"
    [​IMG]
    Jenny showing off her fluffy butt while Red examines something.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  2. K-12 Chickens

K-12 Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2010
    Michigan
    Date: 2/26/12
    Blackie is insisting on going in the garage when someone leaves the house; those coop nest boxes are just not good enough for her. The snow had made the chickens pretty bored, so Goldie takes any chance she gets to hop out into the frozen snow, only to find herself freezing her feet and fluffy butt off. Some of the snow has melted off though, so the girls have been out more.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by