The Kentucky Coop project has begun

Cetawin

Rest in Peace 1963-2021
11 Years
Mar 20, 2008
NW Kentucky
The new coop has been built and has been delivered. It is a wonderful 10 x 20 Amish made utility shed with double doors on one end, a steel entry door and 3 2' x 3' windows. It is made of pressure treated lumber and the skids have been weather treated. The outside is a honey stain waterproof sealer and a burgundy metal roof.

The delivery pictures

7630_delivery.jpg

The west side of the building

7630_offloading.jpg

The south end of the building

7630_southend.jpg

The East side

7630_eastside.jpg

The North end

7630_northend.jpg

The Delivery inspection crew, being satisfied presumed bug chasing

7630_deliveryinspectors.jpg

The Delivery Inspection supervisor watching to make sure everything is positioned just so.

7630_postcat.jpg

I will keep updating this thread as modifications commence and continue.

Last edited:
I know....I am so excited but kinda bummed about the storms cause modifications have to wait until the weather clears but they will be happy when they get in it. And all the doors are keyed and if you look at the picture of the north end you can see the utility pole right there so adding electric later will be a breeze.

Yay! Congrats on the new chicken 'digs'!!

Those Amish made buildings are awesome. Ours was a repo shed, and DH said we could NOT have built anything so sturdy for less.

I know it is fabulous. I paid $2525.00 plus $375.00 for the additional three windows and steel people door...they delivered it after custom making it because they did no have a 10 x 20 already made...so it took a little less than 2 weeks for it to be built and arrive. And they will let you make reasonable monthly payments...a bit more expensive if you do not buy it outright but still more afforable and easier to manage if you need it so to speak.

I dearly love mine. We subdivided it for my different breeders, and built an elevated brooder in it, too. So much room! Does yours have a loft? Comes in handy for storage!

Yes, those payments are helpful!
When someone comments on how much I spend on my chickens I remind them that it's a lot less than some folks pay for golfing, plus I can sell eggs and feed my birds for free!

Have fun fitting out your coop! I like the metal door.
Mine only has the double doors at the end. And my windows don't match since I used donated windows that DH installed.

Quote:
This one is only going to have three sections in it...because I spoil my Boy Thor bigtime. He gets the end with then e double doors and a pen 8' x 10', then there will be a 6 x 10 for my other roo, Severus and his girl and a 6 x 10 split in half for my two duck breeds. I did not get mine with the loft...I like having the taller ceiling for hot air escape. I am going to add water w/ auto waterers & electric later w/ lighted ceiling fans in the top but for thiis summer, they will get box fans. who knows they may eventually get heat and AC and satellite tv out there.
gig.gif

I am actually toying with the idea of cutting the width down to 6' and using the other 4' x 20' for walking and storing food and such...not sure because I want them to have room first.

So many decisions.

Back
Top Bottom