The kids are going to drive me to drinking I swear.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by HeatherLynn, Aug 24, 2010.

1. HeatherLynn

HeatherLynn Songster

May 11, 2009
    Kentucky, Cecilia
    Ok not really. If I got drunk they would just tie me up and lock me in a closet. Bah its not really that bad but it feels like it. I am not sure what is up. Usually we are fine. I homeschool. We just started up 3 weeks ago. Thats when everything went south. Holy Cow they are not listening. They are like little heathens running around in circles around me. I hope they are just testing boundaries and give up soon. Its not like this is our first year or anything.

I don't know if part of it is age and friends. They are trying for more independence. I try to give it to them I swear but when they show themselves incapable I have to step in right. I can't let a room stay so messy they cannot walk or find their bed. I even gave in on the stupid game system that they are insistent all their friends have and could not live without. Apparently I am a horrible mother for only giving them an hour a day but I let them choose when they do it. If they want to split it up. I'm not going to let them play bloody violence games but they have a large variety and none of them baby games. sigh Even giving them a bit more freedom on school work. It has to be done. The freedom isn't not doing it. Its just having a bit more freedom in choosing when and how things get done. If they want to change things up I would be fine but ummmm yea you gotta do school work ya little dorks.

Ok I just had to fuss a bit. I am just frustrated today. I know I am not the only one. They are all in the hormonal change zone now and I swear convents and military school so look like options. Ok I'm done. Time to go hug my little heathens and inform them they have the freedom to clean their bloody room before mommy gets ugly and feeds them all green foods for dinner.

2. FluffyColor

FluffyColor Songster

May 31, 2009
    Queens, NY
    How old are they?

3. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

If they are just coming off of a summer break (do home schooled have summer breaks?) then they might just having trouble getting back into the routine.

4. welasharon

welasharon Songster

Jun 28, 2010
    North Florida
    No school work=no game time. No clean room=no game time. THey are testing you. STAY strong!

5. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Songster

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Hang in there!! I had my rant earlier this week. [​IMG] I think it is the time of year x the age of the child x the number of children = the insanity level of the mother.

My kids do not have any gaming system and they do not get TV unless I am satisfied that chores and homework are done. I am the meanest mother on the planet on many days. I know because they are certain to let me know! Perhaps today is your day for the honor?? Mine aren't being too bad today.

We do not homeschool during the school year, but I DO homeschool over the summer. In their eyes this qualifies as child abuse. [​IMG]

Get out your chair and whip cause I am pretty sure tomorrow is going to be my turn again! [​IMG]

6. mmpb1

mmpb1 In the Brooder

Feb 10, 2010
    Texas
    Take a lesson from your flock. It's called a pecking order and the ones who are older and wiser rule. My finest day came when my grandsons said, " Mom's the meanest mother in the world". I got to say, "Who do you think taught her?".

Take a walk, a bubble bath, or go hit your head against the wall. You talk about hormones so these children must be teens or almost there. Channel that into sports, crafts, animals, church, .... Anything that involves you less and other adults within the realm of your standards. Surely there are others who homeschool in your area.

I don't speak from experience, but I truly admire any family choosing to homeschool. These children will probably be the salvation of our country. Sorry- not so politically correct.

Margie

7. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    I have a saying in my house..

This isn't a democracy.

and I'd say more but welasharon already said it for me [​IMG]
    I suppose age plays a big factor... I have a newborn, other than that, the youngest is 10 and the oldest 19

8. HeatherLynn

HeatherLynn Songster

May 11, 2009
    Kentucky, Cecilia
    This is bad but they ended up taking a break from school work to do some work outside to get rid of some of their energy they use to fight me. They did end up finishing and the shed got cleaned. It was just one of those days and the hubby has been unavailable to hear rants cause of meetings at work. ugg

Tomorrow will be better.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by