The kids tucked themselves in!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Brand New Chicken Momma, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Brand New Chicken Momma

Brand New Chicken Momma Out Of The Brooder

Tonight makes the fifth night in the coop and when I went out to put everyone in, they were already up in their coop! Now, can someone tell me why two of them insist on roosting on the poop board instead of the nice roost pole that I sanded (to have rounded edges) and painted, like I thought I was supposed to?! Oh well, at least they are getting used to their new house! I must say that my DH really put up with a lot of my mouth during construction (let's just say that I had a lot of "advice" [​IMG] from my friends at BYC) so it's nice to see all of his hard work appreciated.

2. BantamoftheOpera

BantamoftheOpera Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Southern Maine
    Yay! [​IMG]
    Sometimes chickens are weird. I have a round board and a flat board for my birds and they all like the flat board better. It was only supposed to be their winter roost but they use it all year. [​IMG]

3. juliaaa

juliaaa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2011
    Syracuse, New York
    First, congrats on them finally using the coop and the roost. Secondly, don't feel bad, ours roost backwards like they're in time out! I've caught them a few times in the nest boxes sleeping too lol Thirdly, We ALL have a lot of "advice" on what's being done [​IMG] At least he listened [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by