The "Kids"Went Outside Today(PICS.)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by FunnyBunnies12, Nov 11, 2010.

1. FunnyBunnies12

FunnyBunnies12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Michigan has been having "Indian Summer" this week and I took the babies outside today and took some nice pictures of them. I can't believe how fast they are growing and how the older ones are looking more adult and getting their adult feathers at 4wks. You anxiously wait for their hatch to only see them grown to adults before your eyes. Here is the clan!

[​IMG]

Front-Pablo (Behind Pablo but can't see, only a small glimps of the black bill is Athena)
    2cd Row- Left to Right: Candy(L) Pumpkin(Middle) Mocha(R)
    3rd Row- Left to Right: Stormy(L) Peking(Middle) Sunny(R)
    Back-Precious

[​IMG]

And here is my dh duckling, he LOVES his markings. But this is Peking. Can't see his feet but his markings on his webs are really cool. You can see them in the 2cd picture, he's the one on the far right in the middle row.
    [​IMG]

But here you go, the "Kids" are really growing up fast!

2. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

Lovely photos, they are getting soooo big

3. bock

bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Northern CA
    How cute!

What breed is the one in the last pic? I once had a mallard cross that looked like that as a duckling, and he turned out to be beautiful! [​IMG]

4. froggiesheins

froggiesheins Overrun With Chickens

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    quack quack...adorable crew! [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. sandcat

sandcat Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2010
    They are adorable!![​IMG]

6. 3chimama

3chimama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    Love these photos!

7. FunnyBunnies12

Thank you everyone, I love them so much! All 9 are so tightly knit, I'm not momma any more but they aren't afraid of me either. The 2 oldest are more imprinted on me and the boys then the 7 youngest.

But they all are Rouen/Runner mix cross. LOL I know Momma is a Rouen, Dad runner with I'm sure some other cross, I wouldn't be surprised if he had Rouen/Mallard in him, he doesn't stand straight like all the runners I've seen pictures of on here, but truly I'm not 100% sure.

8. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    They getting so big! I love your updates!!!!

9. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    i just adore ducks!!! i want some next year!!!! yours are pretty! [​IMG]

10. FunnyBunnies12

I don't have any that have dads markings at all, but do have his coloring. But 2 are most definitely identical to momma, for now. The male(Pablo) will be interesting to see rather he gets a green head like a Rouen/Mallard, and what the other male will get, if he'll get more of a bluish head rather then green. But as you can see by dad, there are none with his actual markings, but he is throwing his colors every which way with his off spring.

Dad
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mom
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mom & Dad Together
    [​IMG]

The grayish babies are going to be the color of dads chest area. But I admit, I do have beautiful ducks/ducklings! I made some mistakes during this, but very thankful none of the living have birth defects

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by