The kindness of strangers.....HUGE thanks to rrrmamma!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by carolinagirl58, Feb 29, 2012.

1. carolinagirl58

carolinagirl58 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Lugoff, SC
    I am overwhelmed with how kind people are. For those who did not see my previous thread, Watchdogps (Tiffany) rescued a little bitty chihuahua. She works at her friend's grooming shop and people often dump dogs with them. This little chi was dumped because her owners were moving and could not take her with them. So now the poor little thing had no home.

My daughter has one long coated chi already (and a pit bull) and has been talking for a while about getting another chi. So when she heard about Tiffany's little rescue dog, she decided that this was the perfect dog for her. She can offer her a great forever home. Now how do we get her here? Tiffany was willing to drive her to Columbus and a friend of hers was traveling from Marietta Ohio to South Carolina today, but somehow she needed to get from Columbus to Marietta.

RRRmamma (Deb) to the rescue!! She is a wonderful lady who enjoys helping rescue dogs make it to their forever homes. She spent the better part of yesterday traveling from her home to meet Tiffany and then driving the dog down to Marietta to meet her ride to South Carolina. She does it for the love of the dogs. That just amazes me that a perfect stranger would step forward and spend her time (and quite a bit of gas) to help out like this. A few others from this forum offered to help too but they were too far away. But they were very kind to offer. There are truly some good people on this forum. Thanks to everyone who helped make this all possible. Little bitty dog has a new home and my daughter has a new dog. Or she will later on this afternoon anyway. She is going to name her once she meets her. Tiffany says she has a name but it's horrible so she's not going to tell us what it is. lol! New home and new life deserves a new name too. I'll post some pics of her when she arrives.

2. rrrmamma

rrrmamma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2010
    New Concord,Ohio
    Thanks really goes to my incredible DH, Doug. Since I am having some issues with my eyesight he did all the driving. Glad we could help. She is a sweet little girl.Barely knew we had a passenger, but what a difference from my wolf-dogs.
    Got to meet Turk the Anatolian that Tiffany showed at Westminster. Awsome animal.Please post pictures of Emily and her new baby.

3. carolinagirl58

Mar 30, 2011
    Lugoff, SC
    Emily is sitting on pins and needles right now waiting for her new pup. I think Melinda left at 7:00 am so she should be passing by here around 2:00. I sent her the pic that Tiff took of you and the pup so she has that to hold her until the little darling arrives. I will be sure to post some pics of Emily and her new baby. Be sure to give your wonderful hubby a big hug from all of us. This relocation would not have been possible if it was not for you and your hubby willingness to help out a little homeless dog.

4. trailchick

trailchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Wowww!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I did read your other thread about the need for a hitch hike, so to speak.
    It was great to see the volunteers that came forward.
    Also that one person, rrrmamma & Doug, so that made 2 actually,
    was able to provide what made a smooth transition for the chi's
    excellent adventure. Here is to hoping he loves his new life.

Thanks for the update, & we will be looking forward to some pics!

5. KBlue

KBlue Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2011
    Katy, TX
    That's great news!

My apologies that I missed the thread, I could've helped with the Columbus to Marietta leg too.

Glad it all worked out! [​IMG]

6. watchdogps

watchdogps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Central Ohio
    Deb and Doug are super nice and they did a LOT of driving yesterday! I would have done more, but I have spent so much time on the road lately, I just couldnt. They stepped up and made my life a LOT easier!
    Turk liked them too, he was leaning all over them. He just ignores people he doesnt care for.
    We were able to meet a rescuer to take the blind maltese as well, so it was a very good day!
    Looking forward to pics of her at home.

7. verity

verity Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2008
    Clemmons
    What a happy thread!

We drove many, many miles 'back in the day' to deliver/pick-up rescue dogs -- still take an occasional road-trip --

Every single one of the trips reinforced our belief that there really are kind and generous people 'out there' in spite of the awful stories in the news ---

Looking forward to pictures of this fur-baby in her new home --

Thanks for sharing -- :)

8. rrrmamma

rrrmamma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2010
    New Concord,Ohio
    Just talked with Emily, the baby's new mom. She is really excited to finally have her. She promised she would get pictures for is". Grandma" Carolinagirl please post.l [​IMG]

9. Mrs. Feathers

Mrs. Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Yeah to the power of BYC and the kindness of members.
    Somewhere over the rainbow bridge there are lots of tails wagging for each of your kind hearts.

10. carolinagirl58

Mar 30, 2011
    Lugoff, SC
    Oh my goodness what a CUTE little bitty dog!!! I met her last night when I got home from church. She is SO petite! And so incredibally sweet! I didn't get pics....it was dark outside and she was a little afraid of the shadows from the trees. I think she must have been a city dog....all these strange night sounds and total darkness kind of freaked her out a little. But she will get used to it. She is just so adorable. She has the teenest little feet you ever saw. Emily just loves her to pieces. Her dog Reece and the new pup even played briefly yesterday so that looks like it's going to go well. Emily is being really careful to not make her current dog feel left out or anything. She took all of Reece's toys away and got some new ones that both dogs can play with, that way Reece won't feel like the new pup has moved in and taken all of her stuff. Reece sleeps with Emily so she will have her favorite toys in the bedroom where the new pup can't bother them. I'll get some pics up in the next day or two....promise!! Y'all are going to love this little thing.....she's just WAY too cute!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by