The ladies should thank the cat for gourmet breakfast this morning!

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by gabbyscritters, Feb 6, 2012.

1. gabbyscritters

gabbyscritters Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    fredonia, wi
    Our chickens should thank the cat for the groumet breakfast I just fed them!

Last night I made chicken tacos, a big batch so hubby would have left overs for lunch to put in the freezer. The cat was caught on top of the stove enjoying the left over chicken. Hubby said no thank you to the chicken after seeing the cat snacking.

This morning I put all the cut up chicken meat in a strainer and rinsed it good, not sure the chickies would appreciate the taco sauce flavoring. I chopped it up fine, added some left over brown rice and some frozen peas that were freexer burned, instant gormet chicken breakfast. Added the extras mainly to slow the girls down, they are pigs, their poor roos would never get any otherwise.

The ladies saw me coming up to their breeding pens with the treat bowls, they were eggcited![​IMG] Chicken always is a big hit with the chickens, something weird about that!

2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG]

3. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Just proves the adadge "Everybody likes the taste of chicken!"

4. Bullitt

Bullitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2012
    Texas
    It seems your chickens are getting a well-rounded meal. I'd even eat that if the cat hadn't snacked on the chicken first. [​IMG]

5. gabbyscritters

gabbyscritters Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    fredonia, wi
    Most of the bowls had peas left in them. They will come back for those later, they scarfed down all the good stuff first.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by