1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

The Lady Dragon

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by FarmGirl01, Jul 11, 2008.

1. FarmGirl01

FarmGirl01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    I would like everyone to know that the Dragon has had her chicks. This is the meanest hen I have ever had the pleasure to work with. She deceided to sit on her eggs in the smallest RED bucket on the property. I would pick her off the nest to check and candle her eggs. (She was down to five small eggs.) The whole time I would candle her eggs she would jump and pounce on my legs. I have many bite marks on my arms. My little boy laughs at her the whole time. She will even attack the goats. The sound the hen makes are horrible. You would think I was killing her. She growls and fluffs up and looks just MEAN. But she really is a cutie.

2. FarmGirl01

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    [​IMG]
    A real sweetheart.[​IMG]

3. lizardz

lizardz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Grass Valley, CA
    Ummm . . . So . . . Where are the pictures? Of course, you make be attacked more while taking them, but, of course, that matters not to those who have an addicition to fuzzy butt photos [​IMG]
    Liz
    P. S. Congrats on the new babies!

Edit - I guess you were posting photos as I was typing! What a bunch of cuties!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2008
  4. OrchardLnFarms

OrchardLnFarms Out Of The Brooder

May 8, 2008
    Bernville, PA
    Great pic of the proud mama!

5. chickypoo

chickypoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2008
    Colorado
    [​IMG] Broody hens, they look at you like you owe them money![​IMG]

6. Wolf-Kim

Wolf-Kim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
    Wow, those eyes of hers are quite piercing. Like she's daring you do mess with her dragonlings. LOL

Congrats on your next generation of dragons.

-Kim

7. yellowdragon

yellowdragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Springville, Indiana
    So cute. The Dragon must be happy. [​IMG]

8. BantyHugger

BantyHugger Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Ponder
    What happens if you try to touch them? LOL Nice chicks!

9. FarmGirl01

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    Went to check on the new family this morning. The group is alone in the little broody house. I could tell she had been out of the nest feeding her chicks. When I opened the door she went crazy. Running around in circles, feathers all fanned out. If she keeps this up, she will have the chicks scared to death of me. I will give her a week to straighten up or else.[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 13, 2008
  10. FarmGirl01

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    She is getting much better. Still runs a little all fanned out. It will just take some time and food and I bet she comes around.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by