The last hatched ducks of the season.

Awesome! I hatched what i thought was my last last week.Now i see tree ducks are laying again.
It wasn't as good of a hatching season I was hoping for.
Last year this year
Cinnamons 12 19
Green wings12 11
Wood ducks 1 1
This year I added Hoodeds Ring teal and Mandarins. The Hoodeds are still first year but the Ring teal didn't lay and the Mandarin never nested just left some broken and infertile eggs around.

My ring teal never laid either.I know a few people that said they didn't get any either.I lost alot in a incubator issue.You still raised a bunch!!

My ring teal never laid either.I know a few people that said they didn't get any either.I lost alot in a incubator issue.You still raised a bunch!!
I did loose around 8 eggs that didn't incubate fully. I also had one die a day before hatching. I also had a Wood duck die at 6 days a Green wing die at about a week and a cinnamon at a few weeks.

I lost a bunch in incubator,heat,because i had maiden grass in aviary... we are always learning

I lost a bunch in incubator,heat,because i had maiden grass in aviary... we are always learning
I definitely am learning. This year I bought a second hovabator mid hatching season. The new one has an automatic humidifier so it's easier. I also hatch in the old one so no messy hatching in the new to keep it cleaner.

Good idea.I use 2 but both get messy.I use shelf liner so i can throw it out.I also built a wet brooder kind of like yours! That has helped alot

Back
Top Bottom