The latest in Cat TV (chicks!)

KDbeads

Songster
10 Years
Aug 20, 2009
East Central VA
So hubby decided I need to double the amount of chicks I bought last week, we brought 6 more home yesterday. The 13 of them are so energetic they have knocked over the rubbermaid bin in our bathroom twice so I decided to rig up a dog kennel for them and set it in the living room. It is now that latest in Cat TV Drama.

First the chicks on a rare commercial break:
DSCF4892a.JPG

DSCF4893a.JPG

Next, their 2 biggest fans, Onyx and Nod (left to right):
DSCF4888a.JPG

DSCF4890a.JPG

Nod is so enamored with them he's been feeding them. I've had to take carpet fibers, pine straw, tin foil, candy wrappers, twist ties, etc out of the brooder this afternoon. I think he likes the game of keep away a little too much
roll.png

yep - I had to wrap towels around my cochin chicks dog kennel too - my cat Pashmina was getting a little too friendly ( reaching her arm in as far as she could). I also noticed one of the chicks had a dried dog slobber on it's back.
ya gotta admit though, they are irresistable!

Considering Nod has been feeding them... I think they are ok
wink.png
Once he decides he likes something, especially if it's brown, he becomes a guard dog. The holes are smaller than they look, just big enough for my upper arm to fit in.

All here this morning with Nod curled up next to the kennel and Onyx nowhere near it
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom