The Latest in Hen Fashion

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Jasmine1998, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Jasmine1998

Jasmine1998 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2010
    Montgomery County
    Here is Pepper (who happens to be Bob's favorite lady) sporting her new hen saddle.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

Oh what a pretty hen!! And she doesn't seem to mind her new dress!

3. Jasmine1998

Jasmine1998 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2010
    Montgomery County
    She hated it for about the first 30 minutes. When I first put it on her she was sitting on my lap & was fine. The minute I put her on the ground & she took 1 step she thought something got her & started doing back flips. Well, this upst Bob & he thought he was going to come to her rescue. So right before he jumped on her back to try to rip it off I snatched him up & held him. After that she ran around paranoid for about 10 minutes like something was following her. Once she got over that, she hid in the back of a horse stall embarrassed & trying to figure out how to get it off for about another 20 minutes. After she figured out she was not going to get it off & that it was not trying to eat her she was fine.

She really did not have a choice but to get used to it. All of her back feathers are missing & Bob was starting to draw blood. Bob is by all means as gentle as he can be with them, however he is easily more that double the size of my largest hen.

4. equinehugger3

equinehugger3 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2010
    She's so cute! I'm not sure my hens would put up with that either... lol

5. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    mmmm she sure is pretty. !! [​IMG]

6. Oboistonquack

Oboistonquack Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2010
    Maine
    Cute!

7. BantamoftheOpera

BantamoftheOpera Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Southern Maine
    I can imagine it must have been quite the struggle to put it on!

8. Oboistonquack

Oboistonquack Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2010
    Maine
    Quote:I agree. I don't think I'd ever want to do that, but it is cute. As long as they like it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by