THE LAVENDER MARANS THREAD

LadiesAndJane

Life is good...
9 Years
May 16, 2014
Hawaii
Anyone here on BYC have Lavender Marans? I just bought one from a reputable local breeder. Not much info or photos here on BYC of them. So decided to start this thread.
Mine is about 3-4 months old. Bought her with a BCM pullet the same age. I understand the lavender gene was introduced using lavender orpingtons many generations ago. It is not a recognized color yet.
She looks just like her BCM sister except for coloring of course. Photos attached not the best. They are still in quarantine.
Per the breeder, should lay dark copper eggs like the BCM.
Anyone have photos of their birds or eggs? Super curious.
Thanks! 🙂

Marans girls.jpg
Marans girls2.jpg

Edited to reflect changes to thread name.

Last edited:
Okay, neat!
I have never heard of Lavender Marans before today then! They're really pretty, though!

Also, I love your signature! It's so true!
Thanks! Yes they are fairly new. They are not a recognized color yet. We just happen to have a breeder here who has some and I bought mine from him. Here are some newer photos of Bella. She is wearing athletic tape shoes due to some foot issues we are treating her for. She also displays some shredded feathers near the base of her tail which is typical of most lavender colored birds.😊
976B35A0-1B76-475E-AEF3-AEBD477F4538.jpeg
0086B918-FD94-4167-AC23-9FF637934953.jpeg

Last edited:
Sure, I got them from a local breeder here in Nova Scotia. I know she does not ship. If you're in NS, send me a message and I'll let you know how to get a hold of her. I know she currently has lavender merans chicks for sale, but thats no help again if you're not in NS.
Thank you for your reply, but sadly I'm in Kentucky. It is so hard to find them, I know of none in Kentucky.

I am a newbie flock keeper with 4mo Marans (4 diff types). I didn't know there were Lavenders - the chickens in these photos are lovely!

I will keep an eye on this thread as I continue to learn about backyard chickens and Marans. thx!

Back
Top Bottom