1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

The leading edge of Incubation Technology

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by twigg, Feb 19, 2009.

1. twigg

twigg Cooped up

Mar 2, 2008
    Tulsa
  2. CARS

CARS Chillin' With My Peeps

I'll have to read that tomorrow. (I stayed up too late last night watching a bator cam).

I thought you were just going to link us to a picture of a silkie or someother broody breed [​IMG]

3. HappyHatch'en

HappyHatch'en Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2009
    GEORGIA
    Sounds very interesting...I would like to read more about this research, keeping an open mind....Thanks For Posting
    HappyHatch'en

4. cariboujaguar

cariboujaguar Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2009
    Mississippi
    Quote:that's what I thought also

5. Cara

Cara Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    Quote:Well if you're offering.... [​IMG]

6. twigg

twigg Cooped up

Mar 2, 2008
    Tulsa
    Quote:Well if you're offering.... [​IMG]

Well it's about 3500 bucks .... give me time to save up [​IMG]

7. Cara

Cara Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    Christmas it is then [​IMG]

8. HappyHatch'en

HappyHatch'en Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2009
    GEORGIA
    mmmmmmmm....should I invest in this technology or manufacture a wood cabinet incubator???? I'm still interested in learning more...brinsea products do look well built....so their research must be on the up and up. I would like a copy of the prof. from NY to read.

9. twigg

twigg Cooped up

Mar 2, 2008
    Tulsa
    HappyHatch'en :

mmmmmmmm....should I invest in this technology or manufacture a wood cabinet incubator???? I'm still interested in learning more...brinsea products do look well built....so their research must be on the up and up. I would like a copy of the prof. from NY to read.

No one is going to spend this much to hatch a couple of dozen chicken eggs.

Not all eggs are so cheap though. Brinsea works closely with a lots of zoos and breeding programs where the eggs may cost many hundreds of dollars each, or simply be irreplaceable. They need every egg to hatch.

I just thought it worth sharing. It's like Formula 1 Motor Racing. What they are doing now, we get on our cars in 10 years.​

10. Leah-yes I know I'm crazy

Leah-yes I know I'm crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Skidway Lake, MI
    The science behind it is interesting...the contact radiation. Sounds like the electric skillit isn't just a kitchen counter idea anymore.
    Twigg, I admire your foreward thinking positive attitude. Maybe ten years from now we can all try one out!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by