The lid got knocked off the incubator for 12 hours

jdchicksandfish

Hatching
6 Years
May 1, 2013
Hello, I'm new here byc have been lurking around here for the last few months trying to learn everything I can about incubating chickens. Last month I successfully hatched out 10 of 18 RIR's. Now I'm trying some black copper marans. Its day 9 and last night around 9pm I must have inadvertently let the cat into the room where we have the incubator. Some how it got on the shelf, which I have the incubator screwed down to, and knocked the top off. Its a Farm Inovations Pro Series 4200. The room is a 3 season porch so its not heated. I'm guessing the top was off for 10 - 14 hours. My son found it this morning he said the eggs were cold. He put the lid back on and got it going again. I guessing the temp got down to 50 degrees. Has anyone had a similar experience? Is all lost? Thanks.

el pollo rey

Songster
6 Years
Apr 1, 2013
costa Rica
Hello, I'm new here byc have been lurking around here for the last few months trying to learn everything I can about incubating chickens. Last month I successfully hatched out 10 of 18 RIR's. Now I'm trying some black copper marans. Its day 9 and last night around 9pm I must have inadvertently let the cat into the room where we have the incubator. Some how it got on the shelf, which I have the incubator screwed down to, and knocked the top off. Its a Farm Inovations Pro Series 4200. The room is a 3 season porch so its not heated. I'm guessing the top was off for 10 - 14 hours. My son found it this morning he said the eggs were cold. He put the lid back on and got it going again. I guessing the temp got down to 50 degrees. Has anyone had a similar experience? Is all lost? Thanks.
seems like a long time I have had to deal with power outages for six to eight hours and have had sucsess but never had them down that cold that long

Top Bottom