The life of a chicken

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Chicks Galore3, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Chicks Galore3

Chicks Galore3 Artistic Bird Nut

Dec 16, 2011
    Iowa
    Chapter One

tap, tap tap. "Aw looky here, blacky here is still sleeping." came a voice. I grumbled. There was only one person who calls me blacky. Crystal. She is a snobbish white rock, always picking on me. I slowly gathered my legs under me. Suddenly I jumped up, chirping a high peep. Screeching, crystal jumped at least six inches in the air, then landed on her stomach. "GIRLS!" she screamed. Two gold buff oringtons came out from behind her. "get me up! now!" she huffed. they struggled for awhile but couldn't get her up. all the while i was laughing my beak off. out of the blue, my BCF (best chicken friend), belle (bay yu) popped up behind crystal. "well well well. Looks like SOMEBODY needs a peck to get going." "w-w-what do you mean?" Crystal stuttered. Her eyes widened. "You wouldn't!" She pipped. "i would!" bella cheeped. "one...two....three....HERE GOES!" She swung her head around and pecked Crystal sharply in the behind. Crystal screamed and bolted up. a lone pine shaving floated down on top of her head. She huffed through her nose, sending it onto her beak. "aaachoooooo!" she sneezed sending her into the water dish. meanwhile, bella and i were dying of laughter. Crystal marched off. "she looks madder then a wet hen!" Bella chirped. "that's because she IS a wet hen!!" That sent us into another fit of giggles. It wasn't very often we scored on crystal, but when we did, it was worthwhile!

If you like it, i'll continue!!!

2. wildriverswolf90

wildriverswolf90 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2011
    polk county, NC
    [​IMG]

3. RingedTeal

RingedTeal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2011
    Georgiana,Alabama
    [​IMG]

4. Chicks Galore3

Dec 16, 2011
    Iowa
    In an hour....I have things to do..... [​IMG]

5. Chicks Galore3

Dec 16, 2011
    Iowa
    Ok, things to do disappeared. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Sooooo here goes!!!

Chapter 2

I was picking at the feeder when I heard voices, human voices. Oh goody!! treats!! I thought. "hey shimmer!" My favorite featherless creature said. She picked me up and cuddled me to her cheek. "you'll be out of the brooder soon. It's getting warm out, and your five week on thursday." she paused. "but i'll miss you. You'll be out in the big girl coop." She set me down gently. "bye, i gotto go!" I sat there thinking. the big girl coop! wait til i tell bella! She'll freak. "Bella! Bella!" I called. no answer. "bella?" hmmm, maybe the humans took her. And then, i saw it.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
  6. Chicks Galore3

Dec 16, 2011
    Iowa
    I couldn't believe me eyes....BELLA....my best chicken friend, the shyest of shyest...WAS FLIRTING WITH A NEW ROOSTER! and beside him...Oh my feathers, was the cutest cock ever to step foot in this brooder! (That isn't saying much, he's only one of two....) I gulped and walked up to him. "H-hello... I uh my name is um...Shimmer." I stuttered Great, just great. I sound stupid. I might a well be butchered. I didn't exactly knew what this meant, but i had heard one of the older hens say it on our outside time. the young cock just twinkled his eyes at me. "Hey shimmer, I am carlos. I got mercifully sold from a fate of immense ugliness that would ruin the ears of a cute chic like you." I liked his pecuilar way of saying things, and the last part sounded Immensly, as he put it, Beautiful.

7. Justin1

Justin1 New Egg

Jan 28, 2012
    Lancaster
    I have a chicken named Bella.

8. Chicks Galore3

Dec 16, 2011
    Iowa
    Really? cool. do you like my story?[​IMG] BTW [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  9. Peachesbabychick

Peachesbabychick Chillin' With My Peeps

I think it has potential..... but I think your rushing it.....

10. Chicks Galore3

Dec 16, 2011
    Iowa
    How?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by