1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

The Life of Pi

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by donrae, Dec 9, 2012.

1. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Okay, I live in a media blackout of sorts so wasn't even aware of this movie until today. My ds13 and I went to see it and I'm still mulling it over. Which story do you think was true? Why? Any other discussion?

I'm going to have to find the book and give it a whirl.

2. hoorayfortulips

hoorayfortulips Out Of The Brooder

Apr 24, 2012
    PNW
    I read it 10 years ago when the book came out. It was one of the more memorable books I've read. The way it leaves you thinking is one of the reasons I liked it (and still remember it). I'm not planning to see the movie, even though many people I know say it was well done. I like what I've already imagined. Glad you enjoyed it!

3. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    I'm glad to hear the book is that good, I'll be sure to read it. I'm a reader much more than a watcher, I'd just never heard of it! I'm kinda upset now, I always want to read the book before I see the movie........we'll see how the two mesh. The visuals were stunning, I'll admit, and the young actor carried the movie quite well. I did get a little tired of the cg animals, esp the tiger........why is it sometimes they do so well and sometimes it looks like it was done by a drunk who'd never even seen the animal move?

4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    I enjoyed the book immensely, but will probably not see the movie. As for the 'true' story? I think that will vary from reader to reader.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by