The "Little Blue Coop"

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by wayne hulgan, Aug 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wayne hulgan

wayne hulgan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2011
    https://picasaweb.google.com/104588078926395901722/NewCoop?authkey=Gv1sRgCMD4vfOrhseVbA
    click
    the link to see the little blue coop.
    Havn't moved the chicks yet, its a little hot here now. we are going to wait until it gets a little cooler to move them. figure we will have to leave them locked inside for a couple days. as you will see in the pix, we had plenty of help during the building. most of the material was salvage or storm damaged. got the avantec flooring for half price, it got a little wet when the tornado hit. the tin roof came from my building that got a little damage. windows came from the discount building place, they were real nasty but cleaned up real well. think they may have been in a flood or something. the door is an auto door from the Pullet door people. (it had no damage) solar panel came with the Wife's old VW bug. the insulation is called double-bubble, it works real well under metal roofs. keeps the sweating and heat down. we did have to buy some hardware cloth for the windows and vents. most of the other wood in salvage, with the exception of 8 2x4's. just finished the poop boards today. don't have pix of them yet. get some later and upload.
    happy chicky day.

OH!! by the way, I live near a little town in Alabama called Sylvania. If anyone lives close, we will have a little red tractor for sale as soon as we get the chicks moved. its good for 3 or 4 chicks. send me a pm if you are interested. thanks wayne

Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  2. melodie_a

melodie_a Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2010
    Sanford, NC
    How cute. I like the color.. it is very cheery! Good Job.

3. MuckyPuppy

MuckyPuppy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    UK
    Very nice coop! [​IMG]

4. 1AcreRooster

1AcreRooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Yes Sir, ...I like it!

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.