The Little Hoodlums @ 15 Days & 9 Days (PICS)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by speckledhen, May 9, 2008.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Welsummers, RIRs, Barred Rocks, New Hampshires, Amerauanas, Buff Orpingtons...here they are. In the first pic, anyone want to confirm the sex of that BR baby for me? Besides Dutch, the obvious cockerel, I have two BR chicks I had pegged as a male/female pair, but that one I'm on the fence about. Thought it was a cockerel, but not too sure now. The last pic is a New Hampshire pullet, one of three I picked up from the feedstore.
    The Buff Orps and New Hampshires are 9 days old and the others are 15 days old.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: May 9, 2008
  2. ChicknThief

ChicknThief Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2008
    Nor Cal
    I've got no guesses for you, but what a cute little mob!! You should name on of them Wayne, LOL! Or HomeSkillet. [​IMG]

3. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Cute! They sure grow fast!

4. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    They are so healthy looking. I love to watch the wing feathers develop. What a nice flock you have growing out, Cyn. Stop making me want welsummers. I have some speckled sussex coming later this year. If I ask for another grow out pen my DH will not be too happy. LOL

5. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Yes, they ARE little hoodlums. It's so funny that people think chicks are so sweet. Their whole chickhood mission is to kick shavings into their water dish! That's why my screen name is Buff Hooligans instead of Buff Orpingtons.

Enjoy your little ones. They will grow up to make you proud.

6. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Cyn, they are so cute!

7. megshenhut

megshenhut Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2007
    Central Colorado
    They are soooo cute, Cyn! I wish you were not clear across the country. I want one of your little Welsummer roos to go with my hens! Wait until those girls start laying. Mine are laying machines!

8. BearSwampChick

BearSwampChick Chicken Sensei

Jan 10, 2008
    Marysville, OH
    Cynthia, what are the ones in the 3rd picture, because they look just like my biggest SS. The other SS is about half the size of that one. They're both 3 weeks old.

Here's the big one
    [​IMG]

The little one
    [​IMG]

Sorry they're not very good. I didn't have anyone here to help me.

Susan

9. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Susan, those are all Welsummers. They certainly do look like Speckled Sussex, which I hatched last year. The cockerels are becoming very apparent already, too; the combs are prominent and turning pink. Michele, I wish you were here, too. I'd have a cockerel for you. These are good looking babies I hatched from Christie.

10. FrontPorchIndiana

FrontPorchIndiana Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Indiana
    I can see why you'd be unsure about that BR. I have one that looks a lot like it. I'm still holding belief it's a hen and sticking to my resolve to only have two roos. [​IMG]

They're all still growing like weeds and are as healthy as can be, BTW. Hooligans is right at three weeks old!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by