The local Pizza Restaurant is giving us their scraps of pizza and salad.

Hello! The local Pizza Restaurant is giving us their scraps of pizza and salad. I really want to stop buying 50lbs of feed every month. What is the maximum percent of pizza scraps that I can give my chickens? Thank you!
I wouldn’t do that I don’t think that is good for their health. The salad probably would be OK as long as it doesn’t have salad dressing on it. I don’t know about pizza though. I mean just think about people that eat pizza and salad with lots of dressing, they usually are obese and that is not good for your health. I think obesity in chickens usually leads to reproductive problems and a shorter lifespan.

Hello! The local Pizza Restaurant is giving us their scraps of pizza and salad. I really want to stop buying 50lbs of feed every month. What is the maximum percent of pizza scraps that I can give my chickens? Thank you!

How much are you getting and how often? What's the mix pizza/salad? How many chickens you have?

Unlike others here, I give my chickens as much "people food" as I have to give them...I think your flock would love the salad greens. The only concern with the pizza would be salt, I'd think, so while you'd want to limit it, I'd say you can safely limit it to "more than none".

Back
Top Bottom