The Lone Survivor

So sorry to read about your first shipment. Happy to here the second one turned out much better.

Try dropping some crumbles on a white paper towel in front of the little one so they look like little specks to peck at.

Bless her heart, the poor baby died some time last night. My son came in my room in tears and told me. <sigh> we have had some bad luck with these poor ducks. Thanks for all your advice :) I think she was just beyond my help. She's in duckie heaven now with the other 5 we lost.

Bless her heart, the poor baby died some time last night. My son came in my room in tears and told me. <sigh> we have had some bad luck with these poor ducks. Thanks for all your advice :) I think she was just beyond my help. She's in duckie heaven now with the other 5 we lost.
I'm very sorry to hear .
hugs.gif

How are the rest doing?

The others are as chipper and happy as can be. All of them are running around together and eating/drinking like normal.
That is awesome.

You know these babies hatch and I think are put right into shipping boxes so probably don't get a good once over to make sure they look okay, So most likely this lil one didn't start off so good and then the trip. Bless it's heart.

Pics when you can..

hugs.gif
so sorry. Happy to hear the others are thriving and doing well.

We finally have our little family of ducklings together. The last two arrived today ( replacement cayuga and her traveling companion, a black swedish). Our lonely little survivor is very sweet and gentle with all her younger buddies. It was a very warm day today so I let them out to enjoy the sunshine, but the little ones only had a few minutes and then went back under the heat lamp. Now I feel like I can start naming them and relax :) Thank you guys for the great advice; I'm so happy to have found such a helpful group of people. I'm sure I will be visiting often with more questions
wink.png

PS- Lonely little survivor is the khaki at the bottom of the photo-big girl

We finally have our little family of ducklings together. The last two arrived today ( replacement cayuga and her traveling companion, a black swedish). Our lonely little survivor is very sweet and gentle with all her younger buddies. It was a very warm day today so I let them out to enjoy the sunshine, but the little ones only had a few minutes and then went back under the heat lamp. Now I feel like I can start naming them and relax :) Thank you guys for the great advice; I'm so happy to have found such a helpful group of people. I'm sure I will be visiting often with more questions
wink.png

PS- Lonely little survivor is the khaki at the bottom of the photo-big girl

They are beautiful and they look very healthy. So happy for you that it all went great. Come back often with pics too.

Back
Top Bottom