1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

"The Look"

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by newbyduckmom, Oct 26, 2011.

1. newbyduckmom

newbyduckmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2011
    Snohomish County, WA
    Every time I mention the Magpies on Craigslist, the new pics on backyard chickens, the pic of the different breed in the latest poultry book, the fact that the local feed store was trying to sell a customers 6 runners and three laying chickens today, etc, my husband just gives me "The Look"!

Know what I mean about "the look"????

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

2. bayyjayy

bayyjayy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    Utah
    Ummmmm....yeah, unfortunately I know what the look looks like. [​IMG]

3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    ME TOO, but I often ignore it. [​IMG]

4. m.kitchengirl

m.kitchengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Maine
    Yeah. I get the look ALL THE TIME. Especially this morning, when I started the ducks' mashed potatoes before my breakfast.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  5. bayyjayy

bayyjayy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    Utah
    That goes without saying!!!! LOL I just don't ever reallllllly see it, just overlook it, just look the other way, just......well, you KNOW what I mean!

6. mandelyn

mandelyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2009
    Goshen, OH
    I know this look too! Last time he gave me the look, I still managed to get him in the car and drive for an hour one way to pick up Quackers. Then that silly duck totally helped me out and talked to him in duck mumbles the whole way home, AND she squatted for him when we got back. So he's happy with her.

Though I'm getting a more serious look every time I mention my quail idea. However, the stock pile of spare lumber is growing, almost as though he knows it can only be put off and not forgotten, and he better start the lumber supply now so that he doesn't get sticker shock later over some quail pens. I haven't bought any hatching eggs yet because we're going out of town for Turkey day. [​IMG]

7. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:[​IMG] they can't win, I'm holding out for a barn. [​IMG]

8. newbyduckmom

newbyduckmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2011
    Snohomish County, WA
    The look took a turn this morning. I came in from cleaning the duck houses and letting the ducks out, and said, Your wife is a little weird. Hubby grinned from ear to ear and said, "We didn't know that!" Then he volunteered to fix breakfast with the first egg from our second hen. [​IMG] I get a little excited when they start laying I guess. [​IMG] I get a little excited every morning when I collect eggs. Just feel like they are giving me a gift every day!

9. FarmrGirl

FarmrGirl MooseMistress

Jul 1, 2009
    Southern Maryland
    Quote:Awwwwww!

What a nice hubby!!

10. QuackerJackFarms

QuackerJackFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2011
    Missouri
    I got "the look" last night accompanied with the words, "You're killin' me."

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by