~ The lost chicken returns, or Alice's Saga ~

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by awesomefowl, Mar 22, 2011.

1. awesomefowl

awesomefowl Argues with Goats

Two days ago Alice went missing. Alice is my hilarious Buff Laced Polish I bought from a poultry show last September....everyone here loves her because of her funny "hair" and goofy attitude. My dad says she is like a cartoon character!
    I was outside dusting my chickens with insecticide for vent lice (ewww!) and then I noticed Alice wasn't there! As she has gone missing before but I've found her, I wasn't super worried but checked the whole yard, neighbor's yard, behind the barn, woods, etc. She wasn't there!!!! Everyone came out to look for Alice, but finally we gave up, hoping she would show up in the morning.

She didn't. We figured a predator had gotten her. [​IMG] I missed her, for Alice was the comic relief in my flock! We were all very sorry for the poor chicken.

Today SHE SHOWED UP!!!! My mom was on the phone talking and she looked out the window and saw a funny looking chicken on our front yard. "That looks like Alice," she though, 'Wait...it IS Alice!"
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Sassafras

Sassafras Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2011
    N.H.
    Glad you got your girl back. She is a cutie!

3. dkvart1

dkvart1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2010
    Nice to hear a happy ending [​IMG]

and she is cute!

4. GammaPoppyLilyFlutter

GammaPoppyLilyFlutter Love Comes with Feathers

Jun 26, 2010
    California
    Alice, I just have to say one thing.

YOU ROCK! Not every chicken could survive 2 nights without a scratch!

5. old geezer

old geezer Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2010
    cambridge , ny
    [​IMG]---the prodicial returns--[​IMG]-quick --somebody roast a fatted calf---------[​IMG]----------always good news to hear of a pet returning--[​IMG]..especially one loved so much as the cartoon character ...[​IMG].

6. awesomefowl

awesomefowl Argues with Goats

Yeah, it was amazing she made it as she is a very dumb chicken and can hardly see a thing! Thanks everyone!

7. equinehugger3

equinehugger3 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2010
    OMG! I'm SO glad you got her back!!! She's really cute! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by