The Luke Sky Walker Of Inner City Farmers

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Sedrick, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Sedrick

Sedrick New Egg

Nov 28, 2012
    Indianapolis Indiana
    My journey into being the Luke Sky Walker of chickens has taken a strong step forward. Fall Creek Gardens has a gardening class that I have just registered for and in Feburary I'm attending Ivy Tech for Culinary and Pastry Baking Arts. My life long goal is to raise my own live stock and crops. A culinary education will be more than just a financial benefit.

In the ways that most of society has come to accept G.M.O. foods from the Monsanto influence the world food market makes my choice a necessity. In the spring I hope to acquire a female Rhode Island Red, Americuana, and a male Americuana in the form of chicks. I want chicks so that I can learn everything entailed in caring for my animals and more importantly a relationship.

It's kind of ironic that I use to detest country living when I was a boy visiting my grandfather in Mount Olive Tennessee. That small trailer he lived in, his hunting dogs, his couple of horses, hogs and the chicken coup. I have pursued so many things that I though would unfold the corners of an ideal life. Now to my end I have realized that all I have ever had is the life long goal I have now.

My 5 other siblings grew up on thatlittle farm. They knew about he bull head, the hogs, the hounds, the couple of horses and donkeys. They have worked to get out ofthe shadow of that country living. They are successful and I have been searching a long time for a way to spend the inheritance of that same seed, which would make me successful. Now I have come to understand that this success isn't based on material currency, or a career, status, or that ideal woman. The change I have been looking for in my life, all these years later is still at the bottom of that long hill in Mount Olive Tennessee in that country living.

All the ugly things in life have been with me for over half of it. Now I just want to make that quiet piece of life something that will produce what mother has always wanted, which is seeing me get my life together and to be a plant that is the beginning of a community where people living a life less than ordinary, or extraordinary by there approximation can exist in what is considered the impossible in this day and age.

Just caring and loving people.

While those words standing alone sound good
    It's going to take all my life and a few more after mine for those words to run there course.

2. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    [​IMG] Welcome to BYC!!!! Glad you joined the forum. [​IMG]

3. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Sedrick, and [​IMG]! Great to have you here! No one can accuse you of not thinking big! I wish you all the success in your endeavors - poultry and otherwise!

5. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

6. PeepinChicken

PeepinChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2012
    Cody, WY
    [​IMG] from Cody, Wyo!!!! Kudos to you on your very noble endeavors. I hope you find the peace and satisfaction in country life!!!
    [​IMG]

7. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC!!
    [​IMG]
    Glad you joined us!!!

8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Going back to the influence of your Grandfather's place may be an excellent idea. Welcome to BYC.

9. chickenpooplady

chickenpooplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2012
    Ohio
    My Coop
    [​IMG] from Highland County Ohio and God Bless!!!

10. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] [​IMG] from washingtin state glad yiu joined us!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by