The many odd places you bring your chickens...

Discussion in 'Games, Jokes, and Fun!' started by nobodyherebutuschickens, Jun 27, 2011.

1. nobodyherebutuschickens

nobodyherebutuschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 20, 2010
    Erie, Colorado
    Hi! I've been wanting to hear all of the funny places you've brought your birds with you. The bathtub? The store? Church? On road trips? Tell your story!

2. Kane

Kane Out Of The Brooder

Jun 26, 2011
    South Haven
    I made my chicken a harness and I am planing to bring her to tsc

3. Turken Lover9847

Turken Lover9847 Chillin' With My Peeps

I once brought a chicken Mcdonalds . They were very surprised ! [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

Church....giving an extra roo to a nice lady. Preacher was a little disconcerted...kinda snerled his lip a little. City boy.... [​IMG]

5. equinehugger3

equinehugger3 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2010
    I'm planning on making my chicken a harness, too, and walking her downtown, and maybe to the homemade ice cream shop downtown! [​IMG]

Kane - What material did you use to make your harness? [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. CupOJoe42

CupOJoe42 CT Chicken Whisperer

Apr 11, 2011
    Okay, I'm farm sitting and waiting on my own chicks to arrive in August, but I already stuck < day old chicks in my bra to keep them warm in transport to my house!!

7. the duck whisperer

the duck whisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2011
    Ohio
    [​IMG]

I took my turkeys to mCdonalds and they thought they were chickens [​IMG]

8. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    A hotel room.

OK, we were entering the bird in a poultry show and had him in the room doing some last minute grooming before taking him over the next morning. Since he was in a carrier full of fresh pine shavings we decided to keep him in the room with a big towel spread underneath to catch anything that might get out. We figured since the room was pitch black after we went to bed and the curtains were closed there wouldn't be anything to clue him in as to what time it was so he wouldn't crow or otherwise disturb the other guests.

Wrong! At 5:15 a.m. in a completely dark and quiet room he started crowing! Had to hustle him down the hallway and into the van in a hurry before he started waking people up. We've since coined a family phrase to the effect of "as discrete as a rooster in a hotel room!"

9. nobodyherebutuschickens

nobodyherebutuschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 20, 2010
    Erie, Colorado
    Quote:Hahahahahaha! Ohh, that makes me laugh.

I don't have any good stories!.... Yet. I'm working on it. I've been thinking of just getting a small dog harness to put on my chicken and taking her for car ride. I think she'd like it. [​IMG]

10. LostMindPleaseFind

LostMindPleaseFind Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2011
    Little Rock, AR
    I met a very sweet old lady, she's 91 but doesn't look a day over 82! No kidding! She is great and I'm taking a chick or two to visit her! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by