The Martini Thread

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by CarriBrown, Apr 25, 2008.

1. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Here it is... the spin off of my "Chicken Birthday Cake" thread.

First off, I'd like to give a hugs and thanks to Backyard Buddies (Shelly) for turning me onto THIS website!
    Stirrings makes GREAT mixes. If you ever run across their watermelon martini mix, pick up a bottle!

2. chickenshadow

chickenshadow Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2008
    Iowa
    Oh ya. Now you're speakin my language. Yum..

KettleOne Vodka, a tiny splash of dry vermoth or a splash
    os sprite. Olive to taste.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2008
  3. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    And a big Thank You for that site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Only one I had before was TGIFridays, love this one!!!

4. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Isn't it great? [​IMG] Try the Pomegranate mixer, too... mmmmm. The Tangerini mix is really good too, but a little sweet for my taste.

Actually, my favorite vodka right now is Svedka. It just goes down smooth and it's a great price for having a 93 point rating. I also love Pink because it has caffeine and guarana.

5. beefy

beefy Flamingo Daddy-o

Apr 21, 2007
    South Georgia
    i love a good dirty martini! who knew seawater could taste so good?

6. ozark hen

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    My favorite, though don't buy the stuff more than a couple times a year... LOL...is the pomegranate martini..the kind from the Oprah show. I am not familar with any others to be honest. It has the Absolute Vodka, Triple Sec, lime juice, pomegranate juice and ginger ale.
    Honkie, never heard of a dirty martini but then I haven't heard of most of them. LOL

Last edited: Apr 26, 2008
  7. Rosalind

Rosalind Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Black Forest:

2 oz. Godiva liqueur
    2 oz. Stoli Vanil
    1 oz. Chambord
    chocolate syrup
    1 oz. cream
    Shake with ice, do not stir. Cherry on top.

8. ozark hen

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    Rosiland, from the sounds of the ingredients...I would become an alcoholic from that chocolate drink..it is chocolate isn't it? [​IMG]

9. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Ah Carri, I just found this thread. On your birthday cake thread, I was the one who volunteered for intensive research on this particular subject. I love Svedka too. Absolut and Stoli are slightly overrated in my view.

In our home, we only have a bottle of vodka around a few times a year. It's so darn easy for me to over-pour that stuff, and my husband likes beer better anyway.

Anway, I just love fancy cocktails ! ! ! Sometimes I get to watch Sandra Lee's "Semi-Homemade" show, and she always features at least one fancy cocktail per episode. They are always girly drinks, which are my favorite.

Here's a link to one of her website pages:
    http://www.semihomemade.com/drinks/index.htm

Last edited: Apr 28, 2008
  10. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    I've tried several different vodkas and I find Gordon's Vodka to be the smoothest, and it doesn't taste like rubbing alcohol.

I like my vodka with lotsa ice and Fresca, I have to have the bubbles ! I can't stomach the mixes if they have alot of sugar in them, so I use Fresca.

Absolut gives me a headache, Stoli i use if I can't find Gordon's. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by