The meanest chick in the world

shellyga

Songster
9 Years
Oct 23, 2010
Milner
I have ONE Blue Maran chick that hatched out on the 23rd of December that is in the brooder with blue orpingtons and BLRW chicks that all hatched the same few days..

Fiona or Kringle.. not sure which name will fit.. MeanA^% is what my DH calls "it"
at 1 week old - looking at that stare!!
70350_the_lone_maran.jpg

picture at two weeks
70350_chicks_on_january_10th_031.jpg

I also have 4 Buff Orpingtons that are a week older - today I covered the floor to my guest room and let everyone out on the floor for some exercise and play time.. Well FionaKringleMeanA%$ decided to go around jumping on EVERYONE.. she/he would grab them by the neck (or sometimes tail) feathers and hold on. I think he/she is part snapping turtle. All the other chicks enjoyed each others company as they showed off their flying skills... while they were trying to avoid MEAN CHICK

He/She didn't just pick on the Buffs which are in a separate brooder.. I don't know if she thought all the other chicks were making fun of her because she has feathers on her feet or what. Anyone have this experience before.. goodness

Shelly

Last edited:
Kathie.. they are the SWEETIEST chicks..

70350_chicks_on_january_10th_021.jpg

They don't bother any of the other chicks and are very calm.. several of them did try out their flight feathers when all of them were out for play time.. I will be so interested to see their coloring as adults.. one of them is very dark.. while another is very light.. several shades in between....I love them!!!

Shelly

Ordinarily I'd say behavior is not an indicator of sex, but judging by that two week old pic I'd say you have yourself a little roo.

Back
Top Bottom