THE MICKEY STORY- The tragic and crazy life of mickey, my rooster.

Mar 3, 2023
sometime in june, one of our hens decided to go broody. With only 2 eggs under her, she began her journey. She was an amazing hen, and amazing mother. On july 4th, sadly, she stepped on and broke one of her two eggs. Inside the broken egg was a completely formed, perfect, baby chick. But it had passed away. Now, only having 1 egg left. On july 5th, the day after, a baby chick hatched. It was solid black, with furry feet. It Cleary wasnt her kid, being as to she was a columbain wyandotte. We had no roosters with fluffy feet, and the only hen with fluffy feet, was our hen named logan. She was a partridge cochin. Now with that one perfect little baby, we named it wendy. Wendy and her mom grew so attached, that if mom left her sight for even a second, she'd be in distress. After a few days staying inside the coop with her mom, they started to go outside together. They were in a coop all by themselves since our other chickens may kill the baby. Now, about 2 months after wendy was hatched. We started to realize wendy, started to act like a rooster. At that young i was surprised he was acting so aggresive. He was jumping up and attacking shoes, he even tried to be the boss of his mom! We realized we should rename him. Finally after thinking of so many names, we chose mickey. We thought it suited him. Still, at 2 months of age, he was super attached to his mom. And upon one horrible day, ivery, (his mom) passed away. She had randomly gotten super sick, out of nowhere. Now, mickey, all alone and scared of the other chickens, was terrified. He wanted his mom back really bad. I was heartbroken seeing him want his mom. Recently, before his mom died, him and his mom had been going outside with all the other chickens, so mickey knew them, but got picked on a little. He was never hurt, just scared of them. But harold, our 4 year old rooster, decided to take mickey in. He treated him as if he was his own son. He didnt even really know mickey either! He was an amazing dad. He protected him. But harold knew he was a rooster, so it was crazy. Harold made sure mickey grew up knowing how to be a great gentleman to! Mickey grew up with harold, now harold and him are best freinds. Father and son roosters who are treating all their hens like queens! My mickey, still being the best roo i can ask for to this day!

Attachments

• Snapchat-182265873.jpg
    Snapchat-182265873.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 45
  • 20230129_182530.jpg
    20230129_182530.jpg
    344.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 20230318_131712.jpg
    20230318_131712.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 18

Back
Top Bottom