1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

The Miraculous Life of John Mark Berendt - Please Read

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Buugette, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Buugette

Buugette [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Cra

May 26, 2009
    Bucks County, PA
    John was my friend. John was everyone's friend.

John was born with a rare heart conditon and several other life threatening issues but he beat all the odds and survived longer than expected. John lost his father, Jeffrey Berendt, a year ago. John is now with Jeffrey again.

His story, from the time Jeff and John adopted him at age 8, can be found on the front page of the Bucks County Courier Newspaper edition of Thursday November 3, 2011 at the link I have provided below. It is an amazing story... I have known this family since 1997, and they are a very important part of our family. I have included a link to the memorial video that was shown at the end of the service. There wasn't a dry eye in the house.

I just wanted to share such an amazing person with the BYC group of amazing people. I know none of you know him, but after reading the articles and watching the video, you will see how special this little boy was, and what an amazing man he grew into.

Obituary: http://www.phillyburbs.com/obituaries/courier_times/john-m-berendt/article_c3f2b624-9c70-503c-95ce-7a5276d20081.html

Feature
    Article in The Courier Times: http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/local/courier_times_news/a-miraculous-life-extends-far-beyond-hope/article_ff759904-6cc1-5095-bb85-6066349c1240.html

Memorial
    Video:

2. BusyBlonde

BusyBlonde Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2011
    Bessemer City, NC
    John sounds like a very special person. He didn't let his disability get him down, and lived life to the fullest - as we all should. I am so sorry for your loss.

3. LilChickCoop

LilChickCoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2010
    Central Florida
    My sincerest condolences.... John (and his family) sounded like an amazing group of people.

4. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    [​IMG]

5. nanawendy

nanawendy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Bellingham Wa
    Thank You for sharing that dear boys life w/ us. Having a 20 y/o son w/ many disabilities... I was caught off guard w/ Johns story. The pictures were touching as well, again, thank you

6. Balefire

Balefire Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Orwigsburg PA
    What a great person............so sorry you lost him. Prayer for him, his family and all who's life he tought

7. chrisf

chrisf Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2007
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by