The Mix Thread - What are your chickens mixed with?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Louieandthecrew, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Louieandthecrew

Louieandthecrew I am actually a female!

Hello all!
    This is the mixed breed thread. It is for all the people that have mixed breeds but, they don't know what two breeds they are [​IMG] So, let us tell you! I'll start. What two breeds is this. I know it is a Delaware but... What else?!?! Post pictures of your mixed breeds! This is my hen Chloe. What is she?!?!
    This is when she was a chick. We named her Chloe (Cleopatra) because of the lines next to her eyes that resemble eye-liner.
    [​IMG]
    Here she is. Filling out well about three months ago.
    [​IMG]
    And these pictures were taken two days ago.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And that's it [​IMG] Post pictures of your mixed breed too and give advice to others!

2. NancyP

NancyP Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Bonifay,Florida
    Pretty babies, the only mixed breeds I have right now are my golden comets, and my ducks.

3. Louieandthecrew

Cool [​IMG]

4. Chickanmanfromarkansas

Chickanmanfromarkansas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2010
    We'll be having some mixed breeds come this next spring. I'll try to get pictures posted when we get them.

5. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    These are my mixed breed girls. Not sure what they are 3 are 5 weeks old 3 are about 3 weeks old and think maybe bantam
    this is princess
    [​IMG]
    sassy
    [​IMG]
    cinnamon
    [​IMG]
    and the babies they have feathered legs and one has 5 toes on only 1 foot
    [​IMG]

6. sheila3935

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    Sorry somehow I posted 2 of princess she is the white one
    This is sassy
    [​IMG]

7. Louieandthecrew

They are so pretty! I've only seen so many mixed breeds [​IMG] And that would be why I started this thread [​IMG]

8. sheila3935

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    I wonder if my Princess will look like your Chloe when she is grown? What color legs does did chole have? Princess has pinkish legs. I think She may be part Delaware. I have one Delaware chick but she has yellow legs got her from people that got her from McMurray

9. Louieandthecrew

I bought Chloe from a tractor supplies company near my house but she actually has dark greyish-green legs! I know! Very strange! Anyways, I actually reacently found out that Chloe turned on me and decided to be a rooster! So, now we changed her name to Zaxbys and we will have to sell him but, I still have my two little mixed chicks that my hens hatched! One is a Red Sex Link/Red Cochin and the other is a Black Cochin/White Japanese. [​IMG] Very beautiful birds! I love my mixed breeds [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by