The most dangerous cake recipe....

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Athena, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Athena

Athena Chillin' With My Peeps

Greetings All...

My daughters sent this to me, and I posted this on another forum, and many folks have tried it, and have come up with their own variations...
    I have not tried it, as I am in Iraq, and no cooking allowed....
    but, wanted to share with this forum..
    I can now say, this has been truly tried and tested...
    and I stand by my message,.....lol...

5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE

4 tablespoons flour

4 tablespoons sugar

2 tablespoons cocoa

1 egg

3 tablespoons milk

3 tablespoons oil

3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)

a small splash of vanilla extract

1 large coffee mug

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix
    thoroughly. Pour in the milk and oil and mix well. Add the chocolate
    chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.

Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts (high). The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed! Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.

EAT! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous).
    And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world? Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night!

Enjoy!!!!!!

2. chiknwhisperer

chiknwhisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2008
    Lowell, IN
    I got emailed this recipe a while back and printed out. I still haven't made it yet though. I just don't seem to have time lately to stop and do anything for me. Well except soap lol. I learned how to make that two nights ago [​IMG]

3. Whirlwind

Whirlwind Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Tuttle, Oklahoma
    my mom sent me this one awhile back too. I haven't make it yet. Kinda scared to. It could become a habit. lol [​IMG]

4. Toast n Jelly

Toast n Jelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2007
    St.Charles, QC
    Hmmmm...not a fan of chocolate cake but would love to make a vanilla one. Probably too much sugar in the recipe for a vanilla cake ..Think it would work to add less sugar and more flour?

5. Daycare Mom

Daycare Mom Chickens, Cuddly and Delicious

Apr 9, 2008
    Conklin, Michigan
    This sounds like a really fun one to do with the little kids. I am going to try it tomorrow. Yummy! [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Ms. Lewis Rich

Ms. Lewis Rich Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Does anyone have a good one for Jam cake, our neighbor use to make them very good and heavy.

7. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    These are really good. My class bought mugs at the dollar store last year and we made them at school for a class party. Later, we nade the little zip lock baggies with the dry ingredients then added instructions on what to add, put the baggie in a mug and used them for gifts. We used math because they had to figure out how much of each ingredient they needed, it was a fun lesson. Thanks for posting it.

8. Stephen in SoKY

Stephen in SoKY Chillin' With My Peeps

Well, it beats not having anything chocolate........ My chips all sank to the bottom.

9. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    Ms. Lewis Rich :

Does anyone have a good one for Jam cake, our neighbor use to make them very good and heavy.

Southern Jam Cake

Cook Time: 25 minutes
    Ingredients:
    3 cups sifted flour
    1 teaspoon soda
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon ground allspice
    1 teaspoon ground cloves
    1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
    1 cup chopped pecans
    1 cup raisins or chopped dates, optional
    1 cup butter
    1 1/2 cups sugar
    3 eggs, beaten
    1 cup blackberry jam
    1 cup buttermilk

Preparation:
    Into a medium bowl, sift together flour, soda, salt, and spices. Sift a little of the flour mixture over the nuts and raisins or dates. In a mixing bowl, cream butter; gradually add sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and blackberry jam. Add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk. Beat until smooth after each addition. Fold in nuts and raisins or dates. Pour into three 9-inch layer cake pans and bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes. Spread a buttercream or cream cheese icing between layers and over cake.​

10. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Last edited: Nov 9, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by