The Most Handsome Roosters Contest! (Deadline Feb. 13th 2015) There is indeed a prize. The prize is

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by ChickonInc, Nov 30, 2014.

1. ChickonInc

ChickonInc Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2014
    Virginia
    My Coop
    Hey! This is a contest to see if you have the best looking rooster! It could be a cockerel or a straight up rooster. You need to add it's name, age, and breed! Even if you want you can tell us a story about roo. Even tell us about his personality. It can be any breed! Even the smallest can be the grandest! Multiple could win! If your handsome boy wins. You will get a realistic painting shipped to you of your handsome roo. For FREE! Just put his picture and put anything you like. Good Luck! [​IMG] Happy Posting!

Example:

[​IMG]

Name: Snowball
    Breed: White Bearded Silkie
    Story: Go to my thread My little flock to know his story.
    Personality: Goofy, Show off, Talkative, Bossy, Weird, Aggressive towards strangers, Sweetheart.

By the way, you can also enter any other male fowl!! :D

Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
  2. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    [​IMG]
    This is Spazz, he is a frizzled tolbunt polish rooster. he was just starting to crow when i got him. A beautiful member on here sent him to me all the way from California. she even paid for shipping. I never felt so lucky in my life. he was very awkward with the ladies. I thought at first he may be blind because he was so clumsy. he wouldnt climb a ladder to roost as much as i worked with him he was just afraid. He became ill about 3 weeks after i got him so i put him in his own little home for a while. I tried every thing I could to help him but unfortunately I was only able to give him about 4 months before I let him go. he was the best present I ever received in my life from a complete stranger . I had let the member down, Spazz down and myself. I would love to have a painting to hang over my bed so I dont forget the kindness of a stranger and the love of an animal.

3. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    Spazz was a handsome and special rooster. I am so sorry he was not able to over come his illness even though you did what you could to care for him. Sadly sometimes despite our best efforts, we cannot save a sick chicken.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  4. farm316

farm316 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2014
    Name: Crow
    Breed: EE/Americuana
    Story: Go to my thread, its the first one in the story and pictures of chickens
    Personality: Mild temper,Nice,

[​IMG]

5. campingshaws

campingshaws Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    [​IMG]

Name: Eastwood
    Breed: Speckled Sussex

Story: "Easy" is my first rooster. He was for sale with a trio of hens I wanted; I didn't want a rooster and figured I could just sell him later. But when I saw him for the first time, walking down the driveway of the home where we got him, he absolutely took my breath away. So I've kept him and haven't regretted it for a second.

Personality: Total gentleman. He's sweet to the ladies and respectful of me and my family. Never charges or chases. He's still a little immature, but he's really showing promise of being a good flock protector. I cannot imagine ever having a flock without him.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
    2 people like this.
  6. farm316

farm316 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2014
    He is so beautiful and handsome!!

7. birdman55

birdman55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2014
    michigan
    My Coop
    Name: PUMBA (cause his face looks kinda like a lion with his beard)
    Breed: EE/Americuana
    Story: Mother and I picked him up at a local amish chicken seller when he was about two months old...he is not yet a year...my guess is he is 8-9 months old
    Personality: He is a great runner....he runs after the ladies like crazy...now that we have snow and ice he skates on the ice to chase them...very persistent....good tempered...but not the main head rooster he is pictured below

[​IMG]

Name: Zeus (cause he rules the roost....)
    Breed: Barred Rock (from what I was told)
    Story: He would be from the first set of chickens we got from the local Amish chicken seller...my guess is he is almost a year and a half...he shows off all the time and does the circle dance for the ladie....its so funny....I sometimes do the same dance infront of him and he looks at me like im crazy...but its funny...he takes care of the ladies very well and protects them from the other rooster that we have...he is the dominant one out of all the roosters we have...
    Personality: Nice, thoughtful, well mannered, flashy, inquisitive, polite, protector and guardian to the others

[​IMG]
    zues again not shaking off from his dirt bath
    [​IMG]

8. ChickonInc

ChickonInc Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2014
    Virginia
    My Coop
    Beautiful roosters! I'll extend the deadline [​IMG]

9. WinterChicks

WinterChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2015
    Shawnee, Ohio
    [​IMG]
    Name: Sergeant Pepper
    Breed: I've no idea
    Story: I got him with 2 bantam hens. He loves them so much! He makes nests for them (even if it is on the poop board), he saves food for them, he warns them of birds flying low, he leads them around. He does his 'job' with them. He will even sit on your shoulder! He's a little sweetheart! Here is a funnt story about him:
    So he walked into the coop to find my huge Bramha hen in their. I was looking through the window and he was 'doing the job' at least he thought he was! He is wayyy to small and if she wasn't submmissive he would have got a chicken back ride. Then of course, after he was done he came strutting out of the coop, and I reached down to pick him up and he ran of the ramp right into their water bucket....like fell into it. He got out of there fast! I told him 'stop strutting and look where your going!'
    Personality: Loving, Kind, Caring, Cocky, Nice, Friendly, Protective, Egg layin' coach ;)

10. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Name: Sir Lancelot
    Breed: Blue Orpington

Lancelot is a spoiled, brave, fearless, wonderful flock protector and is my heart.... his stories are many here on BYC as he will turn 5 years old in July and has been through a lot in his years. One of his stories can be read here https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/521876/why-have-a-rooster-new-pg-10-video-pg-13

His temperament: old. cranky and very spoiled!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by