the most scariest poultry day in my life!entertainment must read!!!!!

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by ticks, May 31, 2008.

1. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    To make it simple: Mom and dad said "The pheasant cage smells move it to the garage [​IMG] " So we decided we would this afternoon. We got it out of the basement but had to go through a side door with a 3 inch crack that any pheasant could get out of. So here are my parents carrying a washing machine box filled with chirping little pheasant chicks. We put the box down on the gravel just outside the garage. We moved some stuff out of the way. We picked up the box and the bottom half-way falls out. At this time I am running around frantically [​IMG] (but not happy more like this but with running [​IMG] ) I was at the point of breakdown [​IMG] we lucked out and found a replacement bottom. Now we had to find away to put the pheasant and box on to the bottom. so my mom said: "put the box, the pheasant, and old box on the new bottom and I will pull the old bottom off and the will fall into the new bottom" so we pulled and we pushed and all of a sudden my brother starts freaking out like [​IMG] . Next thing I see is a little 2 week old pheasant chick running around on the garage floor so far it wa skind of like a show. [​IMG] people would have paid to see this. To make a long story shorter, we slid the old bottom out and all the pheasant were happy and fine and all are alive. [​IMG]. But the basement still smells like a dead cow [​IMG] that is an average day at my house, well not to average [​IMG]
    Here they are in their new location
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2008
  2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    What are your plans for them?

3. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    I plan to raise them until they mature and release all but three into the wild that is Vermont. The three I will be keeping for decorations and eggs for trade or sale. The ones that go to the wild will be cared for. All part of my new N.V.P.R.P (northern vermont pheasant restorarion program)

4. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

What a neat bunch! Glad nothing came of the whole event, other then all safe and sound! phew!

5. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    People underestimate gamebirds like pheasant. They have adapted to live outside in the wild no matter what mother nature throws at them. I think they are more hardy than chickens

6. dacjohns

dacjohns People Cracker Upper

The smilies in your post and the picture in my head. Great story.

Nothing against you but pheasant restoration project? How do you restore a non native. How about pheasant introduction or reintroduction. It's the wannabe wildlife biologist coming out.

Are there enough pheasant in the wild for a viable breeding population?

7. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    Well, Vermont used to have pheasant through introduction so I think I will call it pheasant re-introduction. thanks

8. dacjohns

You're welcome.

Hope you didn't take it as criticism. Good luck with your project.

9. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
  10. dacjohns

Nice start on the web site. If that chick doesn't want the money you can give it to me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by