The most spoiled turkey poult

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by farmerlor, Mar 28, 2009.

1. farmerlor

farmerlor Chillin' With My Peeps

I bought four Bourbon turks and three of the babies died mysteriously with no sign of illness. The last baby is spoiled rotten. He loves my oatmeal but only wants to eat it off the spoon with me talking to him. When I'm talking to him he backs way up so he can try to fly at me so I'll hold him. He wants to be held all the time. Ain't nobody eating my baby turkey. His name is Jefferson after the best Bourbon I ever tasted.
    [​IMG]

2. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    they stay sweet too when you socialize with them. mine wait at the bus stop with my son.

here is Sugar, a BR who was babied like yours. she follows me everywhere, even flying onto the roofs of coops to get into the run i am in....

[​IMG]

3. farmerlor

farmerlor Chillin' With My Peeps

Aw, pretty girlie. I've been kinda hoping that Jefferson is a boy but your girl is just pretty enough that I may hope he's a girl. LOL! How old is she? Is she laying eggs?

4. briana1975

briana1975 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Carleton Mi.
    :)Jefferson is very cute. I hope he does well for you.

5. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Quote:she is 30 weeks old. the girls have just started laying. (old enough and season.) the boys are very handsome also. and they know it! [​IMG]

6. briana1975

briana1975 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Carleton Mi.
    Miss Jane I am so happy to hear that they started to lay. I am on your list for 2 day old poults. Can't wait.

7. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Quote:yep! just look at farmerlor's cute little spoiled poult and dream for now. take notes from her too, the more you spoil them, the easier they are to handle.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by