The most you will pay or have paid for a duck?

Pics

Crazy Maizie

Free Ranging
Jul 3, 2020
I was offered a duck for an outrageous price (imho). I was told it was show quality, but the pictures were not the best. I don't need show quality and there was no way to verify what the person was telling me via messages. Plus, the pics offered were of low quality. If you can't take a decent pic of a show quality bird, I am questioning the quality of the bird.
I do know of sources online to get show quality birds, so that's not my question.

So, I want to see what is the most you would pay for a duck?

How far would you drive?

I've got my limits, just wondering where others stand. 😁

Yeah, for just a Runner, even a SQ one, I don't think it would be worth more than $20.
I would probably pass on them, tbh. That's really expensive, and quite the drive. What are you looking for, specifically? A small flock of ducks, or a friend for some existing ones? I'm not sure where you live, but you could probably post on your BYC state thread and find someone who would sell ducks or know someone who else who would.
I'm only looking to add a few more to my flock. In fact it just happened one of my feelers got back to me and I just brought home 2 sweet runners. :celebrate $20 for both.
I'm going to make a new post for that. 😊

I payed 81 dollars for four ducklings. Cackle Hatchery:
1F8164A3-5BF5-448F-8DF4-B619A6295815.jpeg
9D1B6EB4-0A7D-4A83-AA77-51B5E238BE8F.jpeg
A10D1C0E-57F1-42F2-8AC6-905C5296017B.jpeg
C72C8832-036F-481E-AE19-81605711C594.jpeg

I was offered a duck for an outrageous price (imho). I was told it was show quality, but the pictures were not the best. I don't need show quality and there was no way to verify what the person was telling me via messages. Plus, the pics offered were of low quality. If you can't take a decent pic of a show quality bird, I am questioning the quality of the bird.
I do know of sources online to get show quality birds, so that's not my question.

How far would you drive?

Depends on the type of duck and how bad I wanted it. Show quality calls can be very pricy! So are some other more exotic breeds like wood ducks or Mandarin. I'm not in to the show scene so that doesn't matter to me.

How far would you drive?

I charge $25 for adult female rescues I actually pay more on rehabbing them then adopting them out. sounds like a lot but people will definitely pay $25 and most ducks I see for sale are about that much. I let the price drop if they take more than one

Last edited:
Age is a critical factor here as well. When I sold my runner ducks recently, I charge $20 per hen, but they were at the perfect age for selling and commanding that price. They were just over a year old, were laying eggs almost every day, and perfect health.
It's funny you mention that, because I was checking out craigslist for a couple of extra Pekin hens and I contacted one place that said they wanted $30 per pekin for pet quality. Lol, I just said thanks for getting back to me but that's too expensive for me.
For a common breed such as a pekin, I would probably pay $15 at the most, and that's if she is not too old.

Back
Top Bottom