The movie War Horse

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by hlf1996, Nov 29, 2011.

1. hlf1996

hlf1996 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    California
    So who all wants to see War Horse? I can't wait to watch it, it looks very good! It looks like it is gonna be one of those movies that pulls on your heart.

2. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Been a very long time since I have been to see a movie in the theatre but I can't wait to see this one.

3. frostbite

frostbite Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2011
    Fairbanks, Alaska
    I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Other great horse movies: Buck, Secretariat, Seabiscuit, Hidalgo....

4. N&MSchroeder

N&MSchroeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2011
    SE Idaho
    I saw the play in May. It was a beautiful story and I hope that the movie does it justice. [​IMG]

5. breezy

breezy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2009
    Sand Coulee MT
    I cant watch any horse movie because I cannot see even a computer generated horse appear to break a leg or get injured in any other way. When I was 13 I was watching a horse named Ruffian race. A flock of birds flew up in front of her on a muddy track. She broke her stride akwardly and snapped her front leg. I knew the instant it happened that she broke her leg. She kept running on that broken leg for about 50 or 60 yards I think. It made me physically sick. I actually vomited. I havent been able to watch movies with horses in them since so I havent ever seen Black Beauty,Seabiscuit Hildago ect. Wish I could get over that image in my head but I still get nauseus when I remember it. Kind of sucks really since I heard those were all excellant movies. Im such a wuss [​IMG]

6. Rusty Hills Farm

Rusty Hills Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    Up at the barn
    Quote:Not hardly. The instant I saw the ads for this movie, I got angry. Can't really explain it. It was just my gut reaction. Now when the ads come on, I change the channel. Needless to say, I won't be in the audience for this one.

I did watch Secretariat and enjoyed it. Enjoyed it so much that I did some research. Unfortunately. Now I can't even see it listed on the movie channels without reacting. It's a gut thing and I always listen to my gut.

Rusty

7. RHRanch

RHRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

I am afraid to see it because I know it will make me cry. The previews make me cry almost. lol

8. bkreugar

bkreugar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Asheboro NC
    DD and I read the book, there is a LOT of loss and death. MOST people will cry MORE than once!

9. woodmort

woodmort Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    Oxford NY
    Horse and dog movies are always weepers.

10. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Yes, I'll see it. Look forward to it. Horses always get me in the gut anyway. I can't listen to the Dan Fogelberg song "Run for the Roses" without a hitch in my stomach. I miss having horses.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by