The muscovies in my backyard (PICS!)

KawaiiPika

Hatching
8 Years
Sep 22, 2011
IMG_1564.jpg

I love this male he's the friendliest. Always comes waddling up to me.

IMG_1563.jpg

So cute!

IMG_1562.jpg

The one in the far back is the mother and this is her brood. There was originally 8 in this one, down to 5

IMG_1561.jpg

pretty girls or at least I think they might be

IMG_1558.jpg

I think they might lay in here it's about 15 feet from the water. Anyone else think so?

IMG_1557.jpg

This is the pond

So, these are my favorites buddies down at the pond, there was a mallard pair but they arent there anymore. The canadian geese came a few times but I havent seen for about 2 weeks now. Good thing, they were pretty mean to the younger scovies. I was told they MIGHT lay all year round cause we are in the south, it was 88 today and humidity was at 50% felt much worse though. Any thoughts? will they lay in the wooded area? Ima little afraid to go in there and look! lol I know Im a chicken (no offense!) Oh and there are exactly 5 males and around 6-7 mature looking females. I counted 12 younger ones but they all have adult plumage, any clue as to when mommas could be laying more?

Oh and I checked with the office, they wondered why I would want to take eggs but they said the birds are community property so they dont care what I do as long as Im not slaughtering them. (why would I do that anyway?) That and I would have to pay another pet deposit
sad.png

Quote:
If I was a muscovy that looks like a pretty good place to lay eggs. they are pretty birds and thats great that they don't mind you taking eggs, now you'll have to get over your fear and get in those woods. About the only way to find out if one is laying is to sit and watch, that will probably give you a clue. that is a beautiful pond too.

Well if momma is friendly enough to come up to you then she should teach the babies that you are a good, not scary thing and they will love you too.... especially if you meet them with food or treats!!
tongue.png

My momma raised babies will all come eat out of my hand.

Quote:

Back
Top Bottom