The " my feeder an waterer thread"

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by redneck farmer, Feb 10, 2013.

1. redneck farmer

redneck farmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Howdy!
    I am making this thread because I think it would be cool for everyone to post there feeders an waterers. U can post ideas, techniques that you use that works for you, certain brands that make great feeders or waterers, DIY feeders an waterers, what feed you give your flock, how u feed your flock, or how u give water to your flock! Also pics would be nice but if u just wanna explain your masterpiece then u go in ahead ;) :) ;)

2. Slongest

Slongest Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2012
    Kentucky
    My Coop
    Redneck great minds think alike and seems like i keep bumping into you and or your threads but they catch my attention.

As you may know from other post you were in i have a pretty large coop/barn and watering becomes a job more than a chore so i been reasearching and looking at others brilliant ideas and im going to take ideas and run.... i want to run 1/2" pvc thru out my entire set-up with the watering cups attached to it in many places. feeding the pvc pipes is going to be a 50 gallon drum with a huge filter/pump that originally belonged to my fish tanks. with the water circulating i hope it will kepp it from freezing in the winter

3. redneck farmer

Great idea! I with my coop would be big enough for big projects like that! Mine will only be a 5x10 so. But it's a start! ;)

4. Slongest

Oct 15, 2012
    Kentucky
    My Coop
    Hope to see pics of the construction. I wish i kept a timeline as it was coming up i was too excited to get it done...

5. redneck farmer

I have a thread call construction of my coop go check it out

6. redneck farmer

This is my roost/ feeder/ play toy
    [​IMG]
    The left duck tape roll have food inside ( soon to be treats) the middle is a stick that's they roost on. An right duck tape is full of leaves witch they play with.
    Hope u like it!!

7. Slongest

Oct 15, 2012
    Kentucky
    My Coop
    pretty creative what kind of chickens you have?

8. redneck farmer

Thanks! I have amerucana x rode Island red

9. Quyen Le

Quyen Le Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2012
    I use a big tub for my 50+ chickens and I only fill it once a day. They will come and drink water when they need. I use Home Depot's gutter to make many feeding trays and hang on 2" chicken wire so my chickens can eat from both side. Since there are many trays, they all can eat at the same time.

10. redneck farmer

Good idea quyen le! How's about u post some pics!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by