The MYSTERY chick! Opinions please! : )

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by BoldogKennel, Apr 2, 2011.

1. BoldogKennel

BoldogKennel Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2010
    Washington State
    OK, long story short... Robin hatched these babies for me, and I of course have no idea "exactly" what I gave her... but it was "supposed" to be just OEG/American Game (LF) and I don't have any feather footed breeds on my property except one blueish female silky cross. I just don't think I gave Robin any eggs from her... I'm not familiar with hairy footed breeds. The males that are in with this silky female are a huge BLRW and a smallish white leghorn looking bird with a "V" comb.

Can anyone give me any ideas what it "could" be? It appears to be full size, has "chipmunk" stripes, hairy legs and five toes!!!! Here are some pics. Any thoughts are appreciated.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 2, 2011
  2. lovinlife

lovinlife Chillin' With My Peeps

I don't know squat about silkies, but that looks like a silkie cross to me. You could have put one of your silkie's eggs in there. [​IMG]

3. Mandymooligan

Mandymooligan Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2011
    Chino Valley, AZ
    Whatever it is, it is a cutie!

4. Sunshyne276

Sunshyne276 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2010
    Richlands, Virginia
  5. BoldogKennel

BoldogKennel Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2010
    Washington State
    Hum, well, that's interesting... could a blue throw a partridge? This is weird. And the skin is not black....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by