The mystery of the yellow duckling

DancingWthDucks

Songster
7 Years
Feb 21, 2016
Cumbria, UK
Hi all,

Yesterday I hatched 7 gorgeous Khaki Campbell ducklings. This is the first time that I've hatched from my pair. At the moment I have no other adult ducks, just loads of ducklings at various ages. She has not been with any adult duck other than her drake for the last 3 months. The only possibility is that a wild mallard drake could have mated with her.

Out the 7 ducklings, 5 are the normal chocolate color, 1 is a fawny color and another is a bright yellow with light stripes.

Any help would be really appreciated.

I don't know the answer to the mystery of the yellow duck. I live in an area that has a large wild waterfowl population. The wild mallards, male and female, did make stops on the property to check out the tens in their enclosure and fly overs when they were out foraging with me.

Interesting. I saw a post about a golden 300's offspring. Your yellow one looks similar to one for the 300's offspring. Any chance your Campbell has any 300 in her?

The yellow one looks a bit like a Welsh Harliquin. The WH breed was derived from some light colored KC originally. So it may be that it will be a lighter colored KC. They are all super cute.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom