1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

The Natural Chicken Keeping thread - OTs welcome!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Bulldogma, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Bulldogma

Bulldogma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2012
    SW Virginia
    My Coop
    This will be a thread dedicated to natural, chemical free chicken keeping. The "rules" are simple (for now).

Rule #1: Everyone has different ways of doing things - Please... we don't want to get into any "I'm right, you're wrong," stuff here.

Rule #2: Share for the sake of sharing - good, all natural chicken keeping.

Rule #3: Culling - death is a part of life. If you don't like it, you probably don't need to be on this thread. People who keep flocks for meat are welcome here!

So - let's keep it friendly, and please, let it roll off your back if someone says something you don't like.

PLEASE READ!!!

As much as we encourage the "sharing of information on BYC". This thread has been reported many times and is quickly turning into a promotions spot for several blogs, and has thus become a staging area that directly violates BYC policy. Please continue to discuss options on this thread at will. All links and references to other blogs and forums will be removed at the staffs discretion as noted in the BYC rules section. If this does not work we have no choice but to close this thread and any future rebirths of it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2013
  2. Melabella

Melabella Overrun With Chickens

Jun 2, 2011
    [​IMG]

Me Me Me!

2 people like this.
  3. Bulldogma

Bulldogma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2012
    SW Virginia
    My Coop
    Yay! Spread the word - I'd love to see some of our other good friends - and perhaps some new faces - around here!

1 person likes this.
  4. Spifflove

Spifflove Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2012
    Well first off, does natural mean organic? As in GMO free? I want to go organic but the shipping cost for organic feed is very high. I haven't tried the ton route but right now a $30 organic feed bag $20 shipping which is like $1 a pound.

Anyone have a way around this? Like a reasonable internet company?

1 person likes this.
  5. Pullet Surprise

Pullet Surprise Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow! Take an hour's nap and surprise!

6. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

I'm here :) Just going to go Christmas shopping, but will be back.

7. Crafty-Duck

Crafty-Duck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2012
    Lucky Duck Pond
    I am all about keeping it natural!!!!

8. Melabella

Jun 2, 2011
    ha ha ha ha

9. Melabella

Jun 2, 2011
    I have had the same frustrations about finding affordable organic feed. I wanted to go with Countryside, but when I figured out the costs of shipping,, I fell off my chair. I am not in a delivery area for the company either. I also need soy free chicken food for health reasons. That is hard to find as well.

Some one mentioned a good company on another thread, I'm going to go look it up. I'll post it when I find it.

MB

10. Ashdoes

Ashdoes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2012
    Peyton, CO
    Wow. I left for an hour, came back and our thread was gone. I was really hoping someone would start a new one. I hope this one will be a little more open, and less judgey of people's different opinions and birds.
    Thanks BDM!

2 people like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by