1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

The negative effects of BYC forum

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by hencrazy, Jan 16, 2011.

1. hencrazy

hencrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    I got up this morning with good intentions to clean the house, do laundry, clean the nest boxes, and figure out what to make for supper.

I managed to put a load of clothes in the wash and the dryer, and I sprayed the bathroom with cleaner but haven't actually cleaned it yet. This all occurred before 9 am. I have been sitting in front of a basket of laundry that needs to be folded since then reading posts on BYC. It is now almost noon. I am a hopeless BYC addict.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
  2. Arcnadius

Arcnadius Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2010
    Western WI
    "The BYC Chicken Forum is VERY addictive! "

At least you can't say you weren't warned!

3. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

Yup, house work and outdoor work tends to take a backseat to BYC

Another "negative" side of BYC is all the chickens we are exposed to..............the want list will never end [​IMG]

4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    It is addictive. Took football and PBR bull riding to drag me away last night.[​IMG]

5. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

Quote:Move that computer into the tv room - then you can enjoy both (BYC and TV) [​IMG]

6. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Quote:This would only work for me if they were bull riding WHILE playing football-then I would have to watch and agree they were earning those astronomical salaries. [​IMG]
    Sorry, small hijack, carry on.
    Oh yeah, BYC is addictive and it doesn't help that it's been raining here A LOT lately so I can't do anything outside. [​IMG]

7. Rozzie

Rozzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Quote:Move that computer into the tv room - then you can enjoy both (BYC and TV) [​IMG]

or get a Crackberry...then you can check BYC and FB anywhere. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
  8. hencrazy

hencrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Word of caution! DO NOT GET A DROID PHONE AND UNLIMITED INTERNET! Since then I am checking the forum for new posts everywhere I go. Upside is waiting in line at Wal-Mart isn't as boring as it used to be.

9. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008

hehehe thats why i got a laptop

10. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

< glancing away from the computer to the kitchen clock > Crap! It IS after 11 a.m.! How did that happen???

Oh, yah, there's a clock on the PC but that doesn't make the same impression as the clock over the kitchen sink .... with dirty dishes.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by