The neighborhood farm?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by yoie, May 10, 2011.

1. yoie

yoie Chillin' With My Peeps

I was over talking to our neighbors today, telling them that the two ducks were now outside, they've been wanting to see them. She was surprised on how big they have gotten in such short time, me too [​IMG] She then said she loves sitting on her front step and looking out over our backyard and the chickens every morning. She said she loves living next door to the "Royal Oak Farm". And then asked when the pigs were coming [​IMG] I gotta love my neighbors, it was bad enough convincing my DH on the ducks let alone pigs! I live on almost an acre and now I've got the title of "farm", I mean we only have 13 chickens, 6 ducks, 1 guinea, 1 rabbit, 1 parrot, and 2 dogs (chihuahua mix and an english shepherd) that isn't a farm, there isn't any cows right! [​IMG]

2. benjoycei

benjoycei Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2011
    Wilmington
    Make a wooden cow [​IMG]

3. If the Goose Fits

If the Goose Fits Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2011
    Northern Idaho
    And sheep! If you don't have sheep, you don't have a farm! At least, that's what I keep telling myself..... Sure we have goats, chickens, geese, pigs, rabbits, cats, a dog, and a cow. It's not a farm without sheep! [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Blue

Blue Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2010
    Virginia
    You also need a goat. If you're going to be called a farm, you might as well go all out, right? Isn't it great when your neighbors enjoy your animals?

5. lilchik

lilchik Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2009
    Rio, WV
    Quote:[​IMG]

6. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
  7. AnaD

AnaD Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2011
    N. Ca
    A farm isn't a farm without some goats to milk! Then you can rent them out to anyone who needs land cleared!
    DUCKS RULE! btw...

8. Kaitie09

Kaitie09 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    South Central, PA
    Our neighbor is the same way. We have 9 cats, 2 dogs, 18 chickens, 2 ducks and 3 goats. The goats have figured out they can jump the fence and they "free range" most of the day now. Out neighbor grew up on a farm and he says he loves walking outside and having 3 120lb goats run up to him looking for treats. He just had a kidney transplant about a year ago and does not get out much, so that and our cats coming to him is his form of entertainment. The wife of the farm down the hill said it finally felt like they lived in the country when she woke up one day and heard a rooster.

9. shuizar209

shuizar209 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2009
    Riverside
    Same thing here. Im slowly becoming "that chicken lady". *Clears throat* MY NAME IS SABRINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. yoie

yoie Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:It's funny you mention a goat, our neighbors on the otherside of us briefly had a goat. But every morning it would climb the fence or break through it and greet my DH at the front door every morning, the goat loved my DH. They teased that the goat loved us more than them, and kept hinting about us taking it [​IMG] They finally found someone with a girl goat for the little guy, that is what he was really looking for [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by