The Never Ending Hatching thread! For those of us that hatch all year long!

MarineCorpFarmr

Songster
7 Years
Mar 9, 2012
AL/TN Stateline
My Coop
My Coop
Well this is incarnation 4 i think lol. Moving on from the December setting and on to what we will be setting now into the next months. Ive got another 18 to set tonight (I may have more if i venture out in the mud again to check tonight lol) and a bunch going into lockdown tonight. Gotta keep the bator full right? Hahahaha. Pull up a chair and hatch along with us, or just enjoy watching us crazies hatch like crazy!
cool.png

Awesome! I'm setting 8 OE, 3 Ameraucana 4 EE and 3 mutts tomorrow. I have 21 of my 32 Christmas hatch left. My broody hen went unbroody today with 15 eggs under her and one was zipping. They were all cold so I took the one that was zipping inside and fired up the hatcher. I put it in and let it come up to temp with the hatcher and it started moving but never tried to keep zipping so I helped it but it didn't make it. Guess it too cold for too long.
Sorry about your mud problem, I know how it is. Thanks for starting the new thread! Good luck with your hatches everyone!

Am new to chickens and just curious... Is everyone that is hatching intending to sell their eggs and/or chickens or keeping them? Maybe all of the above. Of course I would love to expand after only having my chicks for 3 months. Just not sure which direction I want to go yet. Thanks for sharing :>

I have now 7 eggs under a broody that are due to hatch this weekend i believe. then i just set some eggs yesterday (6 eggs) in an incubator.
I cannot own a rooster, so i just hatch the chicks in hopes for more pullets. I want more eggs I sell eggs to my cuz in law. and then my mom wants 30 more pullets that I'd like to hatch for her :)

Am new to chickens and just curious... Is everyone that is hatching intending to sell their eggs and/or chickens or keeping them? Maybe all of the above. Of course I would love to expand after only having my chicks for 3 months. Just not sure which direction I want to go yet. Thanks for sharing :>
I do both. For breeding stock, for the table and for eating eggs. As well as selling both eggs and chicks.

My first hatch went into lockdown tonight :D. I have chicken and quail due on new years day. I will have more quail and plans for duck late winter/early spring. If I get my hands on some duck or quail before then I'll do some then too...hint hint! ;)

IM in too.
BBS Orp eggs coming today.
Not sure about being on this FOREVER hatch thread !LOL...Sort of shoves this hatch addicition thing in my face but oh well.

It is what it is.
sickbyc.gif

Well not that old to chickens ...last spring had 10 then got an incubator then another and now i have 26 chickens and eggs in and more eggs coming...so hatching is VERY addicting.
BE WARNED!!!

I bought the hatching eggs to hatch b/c i love how these breeds and colors look .They are a joy... but yes the goal now to sell chicks and eggs locally
kelly many many ppl on here are new to chickens just within the last year.. and to hatchng.
WELCOME if you do! And
welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom