The new babies have arrived!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by PetesMom, Apr 11, 2012.

1. PetesMom

PetesMom Songster

Mar 28, 2012
    Columbia County, NY
    They all seem fine but this one little guy :( Happens to be one of the two jumbos I ordered....darn. Seems fine, eating and drinking. But it has a bend in its neck? And when walks kind of goes off to the right because thats the way its head is going...Any idea whats wrong?

It's the one in the front with the black mark on its head (they marked the 2 jumbos)
    [​IMG]

Here's another picture
    [​IMG]

2. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    I have never had this happen before so I cannot help you, someone will come along that will know what to do. I pray your baby gets well!

~ Aspen

3. dukzzz

dukzzz In the Brooder

Jan 21, 2012
    its usually a vitamin deficiency, i would pick up some niacin and add it to there water. it should straighten out in a week if u do this

4. PetesMom

PetesMom Songster

Mar 28, 2012
    Columbia County, NY
    Thank you so much. I will try the niacin

5. dukzzz

dukzzz In the Brooder

Jan 21, 2012
    you might want to give them polyvisol also[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]. hope the little guy improves. it looks like you caught it early which is good[/FONT]

6. PetesMom

PetesMom Songster

Mar 28, 2012
    Columbia County, NY
    Well I got two things at TSC today, one is the nutridrench, and the other was a powder vitamin/electrolyte supplement you add to their water. Her neck is still the same but she is VERY perky!

7. dukzzz

dukzzz In the Brooder

Jan 21, 2012
    give it a few days hopefully it will straighten her out

8. PetesMom

PetesMom Songster

Mar 28, 2012
    Columbia County, NY
    So far I haven't seen a change but I'm still hoping. She is such a sweet little girl...have to watch her during swimming though, poor thing just swims in a circle and her head ends up dipping in the water because of it :( So she gets taken out. But she is eating and drinking fine, still putting the electrolyte/vitamin stuff in the water.

9. dukzzz

dukzzz In the Brooder

Jan 21, 2012
    any change in the little girl

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by