The new Chevrolet VOLT

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by joebryant, Nov 24, 2010.

1. joebryant

joebryant Overrun With Chickens

Anyone planning to buy the new Volt when it comes out soon. I've heard that it's going to be the best car made. We've had Toyota Prius's for the last ten years and didn't think that I'd ever consider buying anything else, but I just might go with a Volt the next time after all that I've read/heard about it. http://www.chevrolet.com/volt/

Last edited: Nov 24, 2010
  2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Oooooooooooooooooo nice!!!!!!

My uncle who owns a garage here in town said that you can either go gas OR electric, not in between because of high rates of unsatisfied customers and very costly repairs on the flex-fuel cars.

One day we shall have an electric car to putt around town but useless to drive with trailers or hauling heavy stuff. I hate to find out how much it would cost for repairs on those electric cars. Batteries aren't cheap!

3. joebryant

joebryant Overrun With Chickens

Quote:Yeah, I'm thinking along those lines, too. It's probably best to wait a year or two before buying so all the bugs can be worked out, but supposedly they've put it through all the tests, and...

4. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    I've had my eye on them and the Leaf as well (equivalent of 99MPG!)
    My only real issue is we are SOOO rural, and TN is SOOOO behind- especially when it comes to anything "green", unless you're in the city like Chattanooga. I want to find out more about the GE docking stations and all that stuff. Can't wait until we start hearing some feedback on the vehicles themselves as well [​IMG]

5. patman75

patman75 Chillin' With My Peeps

I had an upclose look at them for some time. They did a nice job. You can really sneak up on people with that car, it is so quiet.

6. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

NOT a car for anyone with kids... do you KNOW what they put in, on, around, above, below, and between the seats?!?! At least with normal roofs and tinted windows no one can see it!!

But, minus the kids... this is awesome... it can be 30 degrees and you can get a tan, with your heater on, while you're driving to your relative's house for Christmas... how cool is that?

7. FarmerJamie

FarmerJamie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2010
    Buy one! It'll put Ohioans to work, they're made about 30 miles east of here! [​IMG]

Let us know if you take the plunge, I'm curious how they perform.

8. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    With all that open windows on top, bad way of getting a sunburn when you don't want to use your AC. No thanks!

9. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I don't think I can fit 4 carseats in it plus the two older grandkids.

10. Dunkopf

Dunkopf Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2010
    Kiowa, Colorado
    Quote:Not cool at all. Can you imagine living in someplace like Tx with a glass pane for a roof. I don't think they make an A/C that could cool the car in that situation. Are you sure that's the actual car. Could just be a CG picture to show the interior. I get hot enough driving around in the sun during the winter. It can be 40 degrees out and the car will get warm if the vent isn't open.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by