The New "Chuck-lings"!! (Chuck's Babies)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Bleenie, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

Last night I counted 13 but now there's 14! Thiswas Chuck's first hatch and she only got to hatch 2 before I decided to take them into the incubator, she was pretty sad for a bit but she had accidentally squashed 2 that were zipped and I was worried it would happen again and she kept getting off the nest while they were hatching and leaving the 2 wet babies there too... poor girl, she should do better next time though!

Once they got into the incubator they started FLYING out of their eggs! They're all Chocolates & Blue Fawns [​IMG] . Willoughby is the daddy [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    They're cute! I also see some special striped and black ducklings in the background, lol. [​IMG]

3. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Gorgeous [​IMG]

4. KansasKid

KansasKid Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2010
    South East Kansas
    chickens or pheasants in the background?

5. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

Pheasants.. Still not sure exactly what kind, no replies on my breed ID post. I had them in the ourdoor brooder but they are ridiculous escape artists!! So they're stuck inside now [​IMG] 2 Stripey ones & 1 Black one... one of the black ones is still missing, needless to say, i don't expect to find it now. [​IMG]

6. KansasKid

KansasKid Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2010
    South East Kansas
    I hatched out some ringnecks the week of the 4th, i had a brown one with the exact color shading as that black one. Mine didn't grow at all and ended up under the rests feet. [​IMG]

7. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Sure do love them ducklings [​IMG]

8. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Awwwww! [​IMG]
    I wish I live closer to Washington! (I would be tempted to buy some of those cute ducklings!) [​IMG]

9. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    what an adorable little group! [​IMG]

10. EmAbTo48

EmAbTo48 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    Northern Wisconsin
    Black pheasant looks like a melanastic mutant pheasant, and the other looks like a chinese ringneck pheasant. Sorry if they aren't spelled right! We have 75 ringneck pheasants that we released! That would be my guess [​IMG]

The ducks are precious!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by