THE NEW COOP!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by brilly, Nov 27, 2012.

1. brilly

brilly New Egg

Nov 27, 2012
    I am new to raising a flock. it started with a rescued injured baby turkey and within the month I have The BIG PEA , the LITTLE PEA, SWEET PEA, Chicken POT PIE, Henny Penny, and Three gentle Brahmas named GIRLS[they answer together when called] Big pea is a white turkey and my first fowl friend. He is soo proud and likes to show off. Little pea is a black turkey who is in love with a chicken named sweet pea, a red hen, who for the longest time thought she was a turkey and even made turkey calls! She is now undergoing therapy to learn how to be a real chicken.lol Henny penny and chicken pot pie[named so because she used to be a bully and peck henny penny all the time so I told her she might become a chicken pot pie if she did not behave!] She has reformed herself since I aquired the three gentle giant brahmas that wear ugg boots. Chicken pot pie was so intimidated by their size that she immediately changed her evil ways and became a NEW chicken!lol Henny penny is forever grateful since she can now grow feathers! I also have a dingo named coyota who gets to eat one egg a day in exchange for helping me round up the ladies when its time to go to coop and she also chases off the vultures and hawks! She loves the chickens [not to eat them]and her best friend is big pea the turkey . Well now you know us! thanks brilly[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  2. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    I love their names. [​IMG] [​IMG] Glad you joined!!!

3. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    [​IMG] from California!

4. brilly

brilly New Egg

Nov 27, 2012
    thank you! I have been visting to get info but today I decided to join up!

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  5. brilly

brilly New Egg

Nov 27, 2012
    Oh also those sweet chicks in my arms are my two new granddaughters,Stella and Sofia who are NOT twins but born two weeks apart as both my daughter-in-laws were pregnant! I have two grandsons ages 2 and three[Cai and Joseph] and also my first grandchild,AVA who is 5.

6. brilly

brilly New Egg

Nov 27, 2012
    THANKS[​IMG]

7. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    Awwwww how precious!

8. brilly

brilly New Egg

Nov 27, 2012
    [​IMG]

9. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] I love your into, made me laugh out loud. Congrats on the grand babies! [​IMG]

10. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by